Unbelievable - Page 7 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #61
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by thornburg View Post
I thought eBay did away with the seller being able to leave neg on the buyer, and now only buyers could leave feedback?
Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Yeah, I've emailed him a couple times. He doesn't communicate well, perhaps due to language difficulties.

He keeps saying 7-14 business days; once 14 business days had passed since he responded to my first email, I emailed again and he promised that it has been shipped and gave me a Hong Kong Air tracking number that was pretty worthless...and said 7-14 days again. I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt, but after 28 business days I think I'm going to have to dispute.

I hate the thought of having to leave negative feedback and then receive undeserved negative feedback. I've got 100% good feedback right now.

If you paid him by pay-pal and used a credit card you can dispute the charge with your credit card company, then the burden will be on the seller to show proof of delivery to your address. There's also no need to worry about negative feedback from the seller, because eBay put a stop to that. That was a bunch of crap anyway when you left negative feedback the seller retaliating with negative, but I never let it bother me if they deserved negative feedback they got it and I think everyone of them retaliated with negative.

#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #63
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I used an existing PayPal balance to pay for it. I can still dispute it with PayPal and eBay but I know that doesn't mean much. I'm not too worried about it -- a $30 loss in my PayPal balance isn't going to break me.

I'm still holding out hope that it will arrive.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #64
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I used an existing PayPal balance to pay for it. I can still dispute it with PayPal and eBay but I know that doesn't mean much. I'm not too worried about it -- a $30 loss in my PayPal balance isn't going to break me.

I'm still holding out hope that it will arrive.

Disputing it with eBay and Pay-Pal is why I always use a credit card when using Pay-Pal. I don't think I have ever won a dispute with either of them, but my credit card company always takes care of me. I know what you're saying about the $30. not breaking you, but it's the principle of the matter that makes me so angry. I also don't keep an existing balance in my Pay-Pal account. I have heard too many horror stories about them freezing peoples accounts that had large balances. The longer they can keep them frozen for some reason the more money they are making in interest off of that persons money.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #65
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Man View Post
Disputing it with eBay and Pay-Pal is why I always use a credit card when using Pay-Pal. I don't think I have ever won a dispute with either of them, but my credit card company always takes care of me. I know what you're saying about the $30. not breaking you, but it's the principle of the matter that makes me so angry. I also don't keep an existing balance in my Pay-Pal account. I have heard too many horror stories about them freezing peoples accounts that had large balances. The longer they can keep them frozen for some reason the more money they are making in interest off of that persons money.
Same here. I got burned by a seller who misrepresented an item he had for sale. I filed with PayPal but they finally determined that yes the item was misrepresented, but "The value of the item has not signifigantly been effected". After that I called my CC company and within a week I had the charges reversed...

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #66
Registered Member

I always use a credit card with PayPal, but in this case I had a balance from selling something...I'd never just dump money into my PayPal.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #67
Registered Member

The kit the tech here at work ordered is in and he's working on the instalation of it which proving to be a little more difficult than originally anticipated. He's working on figuring out the best place to mount the hydrogen generator in his old 93 or whetever Concorde. So far, total cost (as of yesterday, I haven't had a chance to talk to him today) $312 and about 3 hours of instalation time so far. I talked to one of our other techs and asked him his opinion. He said he wished the first tech would share what he's smoking (not in so many words, but that was the jist). I will keep you updated with details as they come up.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:29 AM   #68
Registered Member

Another update from the water gas thing. The tech (Matt) has the hydrogen generator installed and all the other stuff as well. He's going to Milwaukee (3 1/2 hours one way) and will give it the first test. He said if he gains 10% he'll be happy. We did some math and figured that with the $312 he has in the project it will take about 50 -6- tanks to pay for itself. I'm just curious to see if it can be done and if it would be worht doing.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:52 AM   #69
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyg View Post
We did some math and figured that with the $312 he has in the project it will take about 50 -6- tanks to pay for itself. I'm just curious to see if it can be done and if it would be worht doing.
Forgive my ignorance, but what does "-6-" mean?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #70
Registered Member

That means I can't type. 50 - 60 fillups