vx ecu questions - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

vx ecu questions

i just finished up my cx to vx swap everything run great so far but i a still running the cx ecu. i still have to do the wireing and put the ecu in but i know there are two diffrent vx ecus the the one for ca models and one for the rest of the 49 states i would liek to know which one i have here are teh numbers. thanks in advance!
37820-p07-a00
670-101513

silversol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
you have the federal (lean burn) ECU there, first revision firmware in it. You're all set!

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 AM   #3

Does anybody have any idea what the difference is between a00 and a01 firmware? If I have both ecus, which I do, is there any advantage to running one over the other? I doubt the difference would be large enough to notice in normal variation, but if there is one I would prefer to use the more economical of the two. Thanks
nowhhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Registered Member

sorry to sound like a noob but what is first revision firmware?
silversol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
I don't know of any particulars in difference between the revisions (A00 and A01) as there really isn't any difference in gas mileage between the 92-93 (first revision A00) and 94-95 (second Revision A01). The big differences between the first year set and the second year set is: Dual Airbags for 94-95, "VTEC-E" embossed on the Valve cover for 94-95 VXs. 92-93 civics had black grills and foglight vents, 94-95 had only the black grills and color matched foglight vents.

The firmware differences were probably something minor as in haveing a smoother lean burn transition and idle control adjustments.

You'll be fine using either ECU, but if you have both, it would be cool if you could do a comparison between them.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote