VX envy? - Just buy a Yaris - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2009, 04:44 AM   #21
Registered Member

Yea I live out in the styx too. Getting my old Civic worked on was a real hassel without the wife to give a ride. I should have just done my own work on it like when I was younger, but you never know when a 2 hr job turns into a 3 week job. I'm liking the security/freedom of the new car. One less thing to worry about.

regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
One less thing to worry about.
You have put your finger on it precisely.

I had a neat trick for taking my car in myself. I'd put my scooter on my trailer and then ride it back. My mechanic had a lot of room so he didn't mind my leaving the trailer there. Winter would've been a problem, and my scooter croaked so that's the end of that. I've looked around a bit to try and make friends, but my background is so different from the full-time residents here (my town is a ski area and had less than 500 full-time residents in the 2000 census) that it's not likely to happen before I move outta here. My mechanic's a nice guy, but I wouldn't want to hassle him.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:10 AM   #23
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I've considered a similar strategy because my wife never wants to cooperate when I need to bring my vehicles in. If I was bringing my truck in and I had a scooter/motorcycle I could just load it in the bed. Otherwise, I could get a dolly and tow my car with my truck; if leaving the truck, I could conceivably tow the empty dolly back. Lack of money for buying a dolly holds me back.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:15 AM   #24
Registered Member

There are foldable trailers for motorcycles that fit in the trunk. A bit expensive. I was going to weld one up for my scooter but it died first. When I move closer to civilization I wouldn't want to run a scooter (too many cars - I come from a long line of cowards - emphasis on "long line" ). I'd just ride a bicycle here, but the hills would kill me. I work out every day and am in good shape, but professional bicycle racers come here to practice! Man they're fast.

co de pen den cy

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
Old 04-10-2009, 05:21 AM   #25
Registered Member

I was looking into the battery assisted bicycles, but my mechanic is 8 miles away and there are a lot of steep hills, not sure if the electric would last the 8 miles. If the battery went dead I can't imagine peddling a 80 lb bike up these hills.

Yea a car payment is much better.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:24 AM   #26
Registered Member

My old moped only had one gear. Peddling it (well, walking) up hills is right. The new one with the CVT did pretty well, though.

co de pen den cy

Old 04-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #27
Registered Member

Regal,

Don't feel bad about not buying a VX.

Thats how I feel when Microsoft was just 50 cents a share back in the day and I didn't buy any shares
want2buyVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2buyVX View Post
Regal,

Don't feel bad about not buying a VX.

Thats how I feel when Microsoft was just 50 cents a share back in the day and I didn't buy any shares

I was so close to buying a new VX in 94. Honda was still kind of an unknown in my area and I thought it would be risky!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #29
Registered Member

This thread had me noticing every Yaris I drove by on my 11 hour trip last weekend. There were a ton of them!

co de pen den cy

Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #30
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
To think, I passed up a 300k/15 year warranty on an Elantra cuz I didn't want a car payment... Not sure if I regret that or not.