Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #31
Registered Member

Re: VX exhaust manifold unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong337 View Post
okay. so can i use a good condition 96-00 dx/lx exhaust manifold without any problems? will i still be able to use my oil dipstick?
I was looking through the service manual and I think they're mounted differently.. On the VX, it goes straight down while on the 96-00 it goes off to the side. I guess you're going to have to get a VX one after all. Maybe the 2001-2005 might work? Though I think the VX catalytic converter would be cheaper and since the newer engines are higher displacement due to a taller deck, the maniverters might be too long for your engine. I've never tried using a newer maniverter on a different year engine. Only reason I mention the 96-00 maniverter originally is because they're similar design and the bolt pattern on the d-series from 88-05 is unchanged.

imzjustplayin is offline   Reply With Quote