(VX/HX) Any experince w/Walker 250-25001 O2 sensor? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
beb
Registered Member

(VX/HX) Any experince w/Walker 250-25001 O2 sensor?

The sad fate of the "$79 5 wire O2 sensor - who has bought one?" thread makes it unlikely that asking the same about another vendor's O2 sensor isn't also going turn out chaotic, but what the hell:

Has anyone actually used a Walker 250-25001 5-wire O2 sensor in a (federal) VX or HX? It cross references to so many other 5-wire sensors (e.g., 3 different NTK's, a few Bosches, two Saturn part numbers) that it seems to be a generalized fit.

If so, any CELs? Any evidence of lean-burn functioning properly (e.g., MPG measurments)?

beb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Registered Member

I'm curious about the Walker sensors also...

Old 09-03-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

sensor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-01...spagenameZWDVW

how is this compare to the oem sensor?
fungalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Registered Member

it sucks so far. it throw a cel after 30min of driving everytime i reset the ecu. i have a california model. so maybe the o2 is for fed cars. dunno.
reallyslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Registered Member

I concur with reallyslow. I do have to say though that I run a header instead of a oem exhaust manifold. I just ordered a L1H1 O2 sensor, so if you are curious about mpg differences check my garage in a few weeks.
civic lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic lover View Post
I concur with reallyslow. I do have to say though that I run a header instead of a oem exhaust manifold. I just ordered a L1H1 O2 sensor, so if you are curious about mpg differences check my garage in a few weeks.
how much did you buy the l1h1 o2 and where.
looking for a replacement also
Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
Registered Member

Real l1h1 for $99, no b.s.

I have found an astonishing value in an apparent l1h1 o2 sensor. Another member posted this site and I followed up on it and am happy to say that it darn well may be the real deal. The sensor is visually identical to the l1h1 oem Honda that was on my VX and is stamped made in Japan with an internal resistor. I ordered it from this company: http://stores.channeladvisor.com/Aut...t=5&scat=20363

It is the third up from the bottom of the page. This is plug and play, everything matched. After installing this sensor the VX mileage jumped from about 40.5 to 44.8mpg on my first partial tank. More noticeable is the improved engine throttle response in the crucial lean burn rpm zone in the 1500 to 2500 area where I had a bad stumble.

I had tried a genuine 5-wire Bosch replacement but it throw a CEL immediately. The one above has no such problem.
SCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #8
Registered Member

thanks alot.
only problem is that im in california so, i have a california model and it wouldnt work. dont know why.

what state are you in?

also i think the walker o2 is for 49 state cars unless civiclover car is a 49 state car
Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
Registered Member

Real l1h1 for $99, no b.s.

Who makes this sensor? Has anyone else on here bought and tried this sensor? It seems like its almost too good to be true, but if it works for you or anyone else I might look into getting one.
XxDrUnKnMuNkxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:31 AM   #10
Registered Member

June 11, 2009: EDIT: Bummer, The $99 o2 sensors are no longer available, they now have NTK-NGK @ $190, so the deal is gone ;( .

xxDr,

"Too good to be true", my thoughts exactly, however, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." There is one other member who ordered this. Unfortunately his post is buried in one of 30 or so re-treads of this topic that I read through as I was desparate and I don't have any interest reading them again.

Let me add the following. I called and spoke to them before I ordered the sensor and made it clear that I had CEL problem with a brand new Bosch 5 wire sensor, returned it for a refund.

The guy's name was "Jack". He told me that they had sold about 200 of these sensors after aquiring a quantity of them mid-summer. He said that none had been returned and he'd no complaints from anyone. He added that he work things out if the sensor triggered the CEL like the Bosch had.

Who makes it? Unclear, the box says OE-Xtra by "Standard" and "printed in USA". However the sensor is stamped "JAPAN". The sensor is an exact replica of the OEM L1H1 in every respect except that it has superior insulation and beefy rubber isolators lacking in the one Honda installed for the original owner at 117,000.
If you have any questions, email Jack@AutopartsDirectToYou.com and inquire about Item 13208452 Honda Civic o2 Sensor

I am going to stand by this sensor, it is excellent.

SCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote