Want to hear from anyone who's tried water4gas - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #11
Registered Member

Some people think the air fuel mix vaporizes as it is being compressed. That's only partly true. I'd say only 20% vaporizes. Then the spark fires, compressional shock waves try to condense the mixture before the flame front hits the rest of the mixture. The mixture at the bottom center of the cylinder will condense the worse.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Registered Member

This is what I can't figure out. You are producing a reaction with a net loss lower then the net gain in the oxidation reaction to recombine the two molecules. If this was true you should be able to remove the gasoline from the equation and achieve a true perpetually self fueled machine. Buuuhhhhhh,haaaaaa,,ha,ha, aaaaa. Beam me up Scotty, I think i've found some dilitium crystals. Come on, these wackos would be up for the Nobel prize if this worked.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
Registered Member

http://www.mpgresearch.com/forum/vie...t=2332&p=17844
Old 05-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #14
Registered Member

The only thing I saw conclusive in that article was this quote

"Update: Mention I sent you and you purchase a system, I get a 10% Referral Fee, if you use my name Robert L Pritchett. I also have the "H2O Hybrid Pro" signage on the Van now. I see I'm listed as a Dealer for the Tri-Cities, WA on Gary's website."

Getting a diesel van up to 19 MPG is not that impressive.

friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #15
Registered Member

I posted this on another thread.

All blarney aside, just dyno a car with two separate sources of hydrogen and oxygen at the ratio of the browns gas, and the volume they claim the generator will produce.

If you get more power than you loose in generation you have a gain and a potential winner.

It's a simple test, dyno without, dyno with, measure the gain.
Load the alternator with the required power to generate your HHO and measure the loss.

The difference is your gain or loss overall.

Done by an independent research lab that has no financial interest, say the SAE, or ASME.

Why hasn't this been done? If it has I like to see the results.

regards
gary
Old 05-25-2008, 06:14 AM   #16
Registered Member

sorry, can't figure out how to make a direct link. but, anyway, if you go to this link, then click onto "water for fuel??" link, it shows an interesting video.

www.magicmechanic.com

don't know how much "water" this video holds tho.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #17
Registered Member

You don't study much do you?
Old 05-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetone marty View Post
Seems fairly simple, who cares how much the alternator uses or who cares about putting it on the dyno, does it work or not when i drive my car and am i saving fuel at the pump.
Kids, up until a certain point, will drive you bananas asking "why" things are the way they are.

At some point, most kids stop asking "why", but there are some of us that never stop.

If running your car on water works (and I'm a long way from believing that it does), I want to know why it does. It's like an itch that I just have to scratch.

If this works, then it does so for a reason.. None of the reasons I have seen put forth so far make any sense to me and the knowledge I have spent more than 40 years acquiring as to what makes internal (and external) combustion engines do what they do.

I have a reasonably open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out when I'm not paying attention.

As Carl Sagan once said "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".. Well, running a car on water is an extraordinary claim and I have yet to see anything resembling extraordinary evidence.

89 Yamaha FZR400 Crotch rocket, semi naked with only the bikini fairing, no lowers, 60 plus mpg

87 Ranger 2.3 5spd.. Does not currently run..
fumesucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #19
Registered Member

It's not true. It's never been true. It's a scam which preys on everyone that is "afraid" of high gas prices and does not have a technical enough background to realize this is a scam. I do have an engineering background, and I was especially good at chemistry and physics. The chemistry and physics do NOT add up. Period. I posted on another forum with the actual "numbers" of why it does NOT work. I'll try and dig it up.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Hateful
I think everyone's mileage would go up if they knew there was a large box full of chemicals and live electrical wires in their car that could spill over; as in slow acceleration and carefully gliding to the light and not stomping the brakes.

Hateful is offline   Reply With Quote