Want to hear from anyone who's tried water4gas - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Brian D.
Want to hear from anyone who's tried water4gas

I'm sure somebody here has been to one of these sites like water4gas.com or others that suggest using water or hydrogen as a supplement (of sorts). Can I please hear from someone who has looked into this? Is this a load of crap, or can such huge mileage increased be had?? Thanks.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Registered Member

So let me get this straight. It's $200 for a Mason jar with a magical plastic stick in the middle soaking in water and it's going to boost MPG by 200%? Sounds like a load of crap to me!

waddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

it's a great deal, makes loads of money (for the person selling it)

*edit* I have not seen anyone on this site actually boast about gains "that they can back up" (that is the important part) using the hho or brown gas or whatever they call it.

*edited again* another thing to ponder is: on a web site like this that is devoted to better MPG where we have people making major alterations to their cars including but not limited to fender skirts, fuel injector kill switches, boat tails, transmission swaps, and motor swaps, I am suprised that something this cheap and this effective has slipped under the radar of everyone here. the answer is that it hasn't. if it were that easy to double your MPG, then everyone on here would have one (or maybe two)

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

Of course, as I read these posts, I see two (count 'em!) ads for same. "Run Your Car On Water Now" and "Water As Fuel". No wonder people keep asking about it...

Note...made my own water injector about 25 years ago and tried it out on my Nash Rambler. No harm, but no gain either. Car still pinged when climbing hills, but it looked cool watching it pull bubbles through the water into the vacuum line...kinda like having a bong under the hood...

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
Registered Member

LMAO JOE, did the headlights get glazed.

regards
gary
Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Registered Member

Ive really looked into this.

two options

hho booster

and pure hho.

both are electical current over stainless plates with water and bakeingsoda to keep the corrosion down. one is on a grand scale the other is simply a mason jar or water filiter housing.

I understand the booster and think it might work

running on water seems like a load of ** I have the pdf book send me a pm.

its a lot of work a lot of heavy electrical.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:36 AM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
I used to use water injection via vacuum on my 65 Rambler American Flat Head 6 because I would get carbon deposits on the squish area of the head which caused piston slap. I had one of the faster Flat Heads around having it rebuilt and the block and head shaved a bit plus I polished the heads resulting in some pretty high compression. As far as mileage I think I was in the high 20's low 30's - will have to look at my old gas logs. I remember a trip to Norfolk VA on a single tank of gas 16 gallons and that is over 600 miles stopped late at night for more gas before I got there because I didn't want to run out but it wasn't empty yet.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:11 AM   #8
Registered Member

HHO works, you just have to trick the ECU

I agree with Acetone Marty, HHO works, but you have to fool the ECU into not running rich because it senses too much O2 in the exhaust. Hydrogen and Oxygen will reduce the amount of carbon AND unburned fuel leaving more O2 in the exhaust. Therefore, figuring out a way to keep the ECU from going into loop mode and running rich is the KEY to HHO supplementation. Some people use spark plug non-foulers to remove the O2 sensor from the stream, giving reduced amounts of O2 reported to the computer, but these shouldn't be used UNLESS you are supplementing your fuel mixture with the HHO gas, otherwise you will run your engine too lean and burn it up. This is not a problem with the introduction of HHO or a vaporizer as the engine tends to run cooler. There are other alternatives, such as a MAP sensor enhancer and the EFIE unit to deal with this problem. The $97 for the info is worth every penny because you get a VAST amount of resources and a wonderful education in alternative fuel technology.
The water4gas system is well thought out and presented in a way that the layman can understand. Go to:
http://www.gasjar.com
We need to have a network of people sharing information NOW in order to save us from economic chaos. Americans have always been able to produce our way out of tight situations, why is the gas crisis any different?
gasjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
Registered Member

What a nifty little engine that was! Carb bolted right to the head, exhaust manifold looked like a piece of EMT with holes cut in it!

Mine got around 19 mpg around town and mid 20s on the road, but it had an automatic...would have done better with a manual I am sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGeo View Post
I used to use water injection via vacuum on my 65 Rambler American Flat Head 6 because I would get carbon deposits on the squish area of the head which caused piston slap. I had one of the faster Flat Heads around having it rebuilt and the block and head shaved a bit plus I polished the heads resulting in some pretty high compression. As far as mileage I think I was in the high 20's low 30's - will have to look at my old gas logs. I remember a trip to Norfolk VA on a single tank of gas 16 gallons and that is over 600 miles stopped late at night for more gas before I got there because I didn't want to run out but it wasn't empty yet.

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
Registered Member

I personally don't think HHO works. The last time I was in chemistry class (about 4 years ago), our teacher showed us electrolysis, or the act of separating water into it's elements with electricity. As soon as the electric current was removed, the molecules recombined. I can;t really see the HHO staying HHO for too long after it's removed from the "magic jar." I think the majority of gains seen is because of the water making the compression in the sylinder go up. Water just doesn;t compress like air does. It's what happens in a deisel with a water/methanol injection kit. The water makes a higher compression which increases fuel combustion, and the methanol introduces a faster burning fuel which helps the diesel burn more completely. The water also cools the combustion which makes EGT's lower. Sounds a lot like "HHO" injection. Increased FE (caused by higher compression), pinging as some of you have noticed (caused by higher compression), lower egt's (caused by water entering the cylinder). Someone with "HHO" should try a higher octane fuel and see if the pinging stops. That would suggest that it is, in fact, increasing compression such as forced induction or a stroker kit. I'm no scientist, but that's what I'm getting from the back and forth...

22 MPG city, 15 MPG highway.
Powerstroke IN is offline   Reply With Quote