WANTED: NorCal Honda CRX HF for Automobile magazine feature - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

WANTED: NorCal Honda CRX HF for Automobile magazine feature

Hi All,

My name's Sam Smith; I'm a contributing writer for Automobile magazine. We're looking for a very nice example of a Honda CRX HF, either first- (1985-1987) or second-generation (1988-1991) to use in a feature article with the 2010 Honda Insight. We'd need the car available in the next month or two, and available in the San Francisco Bay Area or relatively close nearby. The car needs to be visually and functionally stock (small changes like stereo equipment or air filters are fine, but stock wheels, suspension, paint, engine, and interior are required), and in good to very good cosmetic condition, with no body damage and a healthy looking interior. The story will focus on the evolution of Honda's fuel-economy philosophy as a company, and point out how the HF was one of the first truly modern fuel-economy specials.

Ideally, we'd like the car's owner to be present during the photo shoot and vehicle test drive, along with the Insight; the shoot would take place on a weekend in and around the Bay Area, and likely take up the better part of a day.

If you're interested, and your car fits the qualifications, please respond to this thread or email me at s.procter@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Sam Smith

bmwtii02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Registered Member

Please Post the article when it's published!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

I sure wish an automobile magazine would show some interest in my in wheel Infinitely Variable Transmission design. I know it's off topic, but the more the public understands the advantages the more pressure for manufacturers and govt to utilize the design to really address our energy consumption issues.

My driver is a 2002 Insight, so sorry, I can't help you with your request.

regards
gary