Ways to not make people mad - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
Registered Member

Cruze, pop your collar and complete the look! Also make sure you wave when you drive by and they're gassing up.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #12
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
... take a road with a lower speed limit.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyg View Post
Cruze, pop your collar and complete the look! Also make sure you wave when you drive by and they're gassing up.
Haha ya i will do that... im going to get killed lol
Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #14
Registered Member

But seriously i might take jared's advice and find a slower road
Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #15

If you're doing less than 20 below the posted speed limit on full-speed roads (55+) then it's legal in almost all locales. 55 in a 70 is legal everywhere in the US. Just because they are in a hurry is not your fault. Just ignore them. How many times have you been doing 55 and they've been doing 85? THEIR fault, not yours.

So many people get sucked into the trap of all the credit cards (seen the ads lately?), have to work extra hours to pay for all the interest, have to get there ULTRA fast, have MORE interest because they bought a house that is way over-inflated in price, don't have time for dinner now, maybe even have a second job, so then they're on their way to fast food, then they get diseases associated with eating crap because they did the above too much, then bought an over-priced car and made the circle worse - so they are literally driving themselves to death.

Ignore them. Then take a little (slow) time to donate to a food bank, volunteer at a soup kitchen, whatever. You can only change your own life, and live a better example for the others around you.

And the sticker won't hurt.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #16
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
Don't do it when other people are on the road. It's dangerous and stupid.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Why not just drive faster? Most hypermiling techniques work just as well at moderately higher speeds. I do pretty well without holding up traffic very much.

For the times I do piss people off, I flip up the mirror as someone else described above, and my truck has a dark tinted rear window (and I might do the same for the car). Also, I've got the Active Tailgater Control System on my VW -- the rear window washer nozzle points backwards and I can just squirt them if they're tailgating....ok, so it doesn't exactly make them less pissed off but it's fun.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
If the traffic is that heavy, I just find a big rig going 65ish and draft it at 3 stripes (about 125 feet) behind. Go with the flow of traffic and your mileage will be about the same as 55 with no draft.

Some people start doing very stupid things when you dare to get in their way on a highway. To me the danger level with such stupidity is not worth the small benefit (actually I dont think there is any benefit)

Moving with the flow of traffic is essential to safe driving when the level of traffic reaches the saturation point.

regards
gary
X2
Old 09-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #19
Registered Member

Some apparently WANT to be behind. They WANT to be annoyed. How else to explain this:
Two lane rural road posted at 50 mph. Very light traffic. About half no passing zone. I'm ghosting along at 42 to 45, just enough to remain in 5th gear in automatic. Someone comes up close behind. When the passing zone opens up I put on my right blinker, pull as far to the side as is possible, lower my window and use my arm to signal the driver to pass here where it's safe. No taker.
Still on my bumper, next passing zone same action, but I slow to 30 to allow less time required for him to pass and expecting that at that speed he'll be more likely to. Nope. he slowed down too.
I returned to the 40+ mph. Next passing section, blinker on, window down, 'come around' arm motion, slowed to 20 mph. The follower matches my speed, starts flashing his lights, but makes absolutely no attempt to pass or otherwise take charge of his own destiny.
Frikkin' masochist! Next passing zone I make no attempt to help him get the hint. My window went down, but this time my wave was only 20% of what it had been.
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
Why not just drive faster? Most hypermiling techniques work just as well at moderately higher speeds. I do pretty well without holding up traffic very much.

For the times I do piss people off, I flip up the mirror as someone else described above, and my truck has a dark tinted rear window (and I might do the same for the car). Also, I've got the Active Tailgater Control System on my VW -- the rear window washer nozzle points backwards and I can just squirt them if they're tailgating....ok, so it doesn't exactly make them less pissed off but it's fun.
Thats sweet!!