Well mp mpg may have improved a tad... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

Well mp mpg may have improved a tad...

my car had the egr blocked when i got it and when i tried to hook it back up it ran like complete crap. so i plugged it back up. i got to thinking, wonder what would happen if i did this to my truck. so i poped off the vacum line plugged it and drove around for a while. immeidately i noticed that it had a bit more pep. and i could accualy go 30 mpg in 4th without it spuddering or bucking. i talked to a few of my mechanic friends and they said well that prolyl means your egr was partially blocked or the diapram was torn a bit. so i left it until today. since i blocked it i drove around for a while over a few weeks and noticed that i was going alot further than i usually do. thought i would post up a pic of my gas guage relative to my tripometer

now the needle may have gotten stuck again but usually where the needle is now im usually only getting around 112-113 miles. now its up in the 160's! it usually never sticks there tho...

so i just took it off and made a plate out of some 1/8" sheetmetal we had around and bolted that down. painted the outside sprayed some gasket sealer on the other. and put a screw with some silicone caulk on it and put it in the end of the vaccum line to seal it pernanently

i can usually get about 300 miles to half a tank and thats where i usually fill up so it may take a while to get there...

VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #2

Always a good deal when a fix adds something extra good ! Will be looking forward to the update!

eta just noticed your gauge cluster changes colors ! Red to blue to green ! People pay big $ for that kind of stuff !

MnFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

What model chevy truck are you driving?

That instrument cluster is almost the same as the one on my dad's truck.

atomicradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
Registered Member

Vacuum tube - old story - reconnecting it gave me instant FE. I love finding stuff like that.

M
Old 06-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Registered Member

its a 95 chevy s-10 same cluster is in the sonomas... i put different color LED lights in for the illumination lights in.

im thinking about switching em all to amber once i get a cluster out of a truck with a factory tach....
VetteOwner is offline   Reply With Quote