what are our thoughts on the nissan versa 1.6 - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 06-19-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Well, being a base model stripper without a radio, it's the sort of thing bought by people who don't want to pay for A/C. Same for the key-operated trunk...they used to all be like that.

The black interior shouldn't be a problem since you're planning to rip out most of it; you could put a cover on the rest.

Since you mentioned spares...how often do you get a flat tire that can't be plugged roadside (meaning sidewall failure)?

Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #12

its not that i really care about the spare its just that gm doesnt give you one. the repair kit was something like 30 bucks extra and the actual spare was 75 bucks. id like the peice of mind knowing if i had a blow out id be ok. total number of times ive been stranded in my life with no spare is 3. complete and utter blowouts. i carry a repair kit in all my cars but they only go so far.
normally i wouldnt mind a black interior on the car but with no a/c i cant believe nissan as a company would put that and only that in the car. the other versions have a choice of interior colors but not the 1.6. when i test drove them they had a 1.8 car right beside the 1.6 but it had a tan interior. it was noticably cooler in it. but its really just me knit picking the car. even though i dont like their ideas its what they have.

kit352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #13
Registered Member

I think the low end options package is an afterthought for a lot of designers (if that). Unfortunately I have one of the alternatives you've ruled out. I got my full coverage warranty extended to the full 100k / 10 (normally only the powertrain after 60k / 6) to make me feel better about getting a Hyundai. My ex had one and it was OK, although it wasn't that old. Wanted a Yaris, but there was a shortage.

My rear seats were 69 lbs, BTW, for both the uprights, seat, and metal frame for folding.

Main Entry: co de pen dence - see codependency
co de pen den cy
Pronunciation: \kō-di-ˈpen-dən(t)-sē\
Function: noun
Date: 1979

: a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin) ; broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another
GasSavers_maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
Registered Member

i've not driven one, but i've seen them up close. i like the roominess and the price.

but absolutely see what toyota and honda will do for you. if you decide to finance in full, see what nissan will do.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JanGeo
Anyone here have a Versa and listed in the garage? Then calculate the difference in gas mileage for the time you plan to drive it . . . 100k? and see if that factors in and also insurance rates for the two cars may also factor into it. We know the Yaris engine is in several models and has been very reliable so that is a proven winner.
JanGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #16

no one really has a versa in the garage. theirs a few but they are too new or just not updated and no one has the 1.6l.
if i finance in full nissan will do nothing on the 1.6l. if i upgrade to the the 1.8 they throw in a few bucks but its pretty much fully loaded at that point. it does bring the price down to about 11k i think but its more than i want.
toyota does 0% and i think honda is pretty close and you get a small rebate for both. something like 500 each which is better than nothing.
im gonna go out and try to find the other cars that are optioned as low as i want. thats a smart car, toyota yaris and maybe a fit but im not sure how much i can option that down. the smart car is closest in price to the versa and the fit is the farthest.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #17
Registered Member

take your time! this is a buyers market. i wouldn't be suprised if those dealers called you back to "negotiate."
Old 06-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #18

well i spent all day looking at comperable cars. the smart is definately out. lowest i can get it for is 12.5. at that point im paying more for less. barebones stripper without power steering or anything. the 2 year warranty and chryslers role in the car pretty much sealed the deal for me. cheapest yaris i can get is 13.5. while it is a nice enough car its more than im willing to spend. the fit is no less than 14.5 and i cant even find any at that price. way too much for what i want. the cobalt is close at 11.5 for a regular one but is loaded with options i really dont want like onstar and satillite radio. i suspect the dealer will be calling me back with a new price on that one so ill see. the xfe version is about as low as 13k. still too high but i really like most of that car.
now it seems the versa is a good car for modding as well. its front end takes very well to airdams, is by far the cheapest, has zero extras, and has tons of room. theirs also a dealer in virginia thats selling the 1.6 for 8500 otd. its probably worth the trip to get it their. looks like the cash for clunkers could be signed as early as next week. ill use the time to wait for some call backs with new prices on the cars.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #19
Registered Member

you're doing the right thing by researching and waiting. best wishes in your search, and don't forget to enjoy the experience.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
take your time! this is a buyers market. i wouldn't be suprised if those dealers called you back to "negotiate."
Exactly. I tell this to everyone, the way you get into a good deal on a car is you have to be able to walk away. That's why women get such bad deals, they fall in love with the car and just have to have it. Other dealers will want your service if they don't, make sure they know that and while I don't usually(have to) do it mentioning deals other dealers are offering helps.