Look at the financial aspect. Over 10,000 miles a 10% increase in fuel efficiency will save someone who gets 10mpg over $200, while someone who gets 50mpg already will only see under $50 in savings. The point being that doing something as simple as changing driving habits can save the average driver thousands of dollars over the life of a vehicle. I also second what onegammyleg said.
Originally Posted by FormulaTwo
I think if i could get that type of FE i would have no problem driving a dildo shaped car.
1. Finite supply + ever increasing consumption = equation that doesn't work
2. Emission pollution and global warming
3. Money out of pocket (probably only point that has a chance of getting selfish pigs' attention)
4. Government subsidy of oil industry hiding true energy costs
5. Geopolitical problems- war, death, strife so that American pigs can continue to live in dream world with SUV commuter cars. Of course, bearing in mind equation from point 1, it is a house of cards that will tumble down.
6. Do people want to be part of the problem or part of the solution? Answer: overwhelming majority don't care. Like gammyleg says, people only concern themselves with themselves (and football). As long as they are able to fill their tanks and afford doing so, they really couldn't care less. Yes, the collective stupidity of the masses has made me cynical.
ALL ARE EXCELLENT IMO.
I would add that people should view the movie, An Inconvinient Truth
I thought it was very well made. I looked at the movie parking lot when the movie was showing, and no LARGE SUV's. The drivers of the LARGE SUV's are the ones who need to be watching the film. They need to WAKEUP,
and realize it is time to downsize that Monster they are driving! Global Warming is for real!
1. Difference of CAFE standards of the US and Europe.
2. 25 MPG is not good and the cheap mods that could be done from the factory. (Belly pan, deflectors, weight reduction, LLR tires, better or more transmission gears/ratios.
3. That bigger is not necessarily safer.
And now that gas prices have fallen drastically good luck. When it was $3.00 gal around here people thought I was, and still am, the mad scientist. All they wanted was the government to fix it without any sacrifice on their part.
One way to make saving gas exciting is by recruiting people who thing they have "crappy" cars. Like my friend who is driving a Geo. He thought his car was a piece of crap until I showed him this website. Now hes very excited about FE.
When my friends ask me how I can do it, I tell them that driving fast is like playing a sport and driving for FE is like playing tetris. Theyre both fun in different ways.