What's your favorite dumb driver observation? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

What's your favorite dumb driver observation?

I was cruising north on California's Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 1), which, BTW, is always listed in every one of the "nicest drives in the world" news article.

The PCH is a single lane in both directions, so there are few passing opportunities. If you get stuck behind slow traffic, breathe deeply and Zen out.

Last weekend, some yahoo came up behind me and rode my rear bumper. Tired of him endangering me, if I should need to slam on my brakes, When there was no on coming traffic, I waved at him to go around me. He jumped at the opportunity, floored his gas pedal, and I could almost see raw fuel come out of his exhaust pipe.

About 5 minutes later, I caught up with him. He was now stuck behind 3 slower cars ahead.

Perhaps the lesson is that no matter how much you speed, prevailing traffic will bring you down to their slower level.

What your dumb driver observation?

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #2
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rfruth
Jack rabbit drivers crack me up

rfruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Rich people who buy supercars in London. Why spend 100,000's on a fast car that will probably only average 14 MPH in the congested city streets, and burn through gallons of fuel and create unnecessary pollution, just to turn a few heads? Shallow people...

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Rich people who buy supercars in London. Why spend 100,000's on a fast car that will probably only average 14 MPH in the congested city streets, and burn through gallons of fuel and create unnecessary pollution, just to turn a few heads? Shallow people...
Amen to that, brother. In day-to-day freeway traffic, those cars are still in first gear.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

In a way it's quite tragic. Then I go for a drive here, near empty roads, no traffic lights, miles of barron tarmac to do what you want with, and sadly most people here can't afford a nice car to enjoy them on! Irony.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #6
Registered Member

When you see the driver look up from their phone. Really don't care much for that.
Lrobby99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:25 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrobby99 View Post
When you see the driver look up from their phone. Really don't care much for that.
Agree 100%, a friend of mine was recently involved in a fatal crash when the guy driving the van was trying to get his Bluetooth to connect. Drifted onto the other side of the road and hit another car killing the 82 year old driver. My friend broke 9 ribs, smashed her sternum 3 times, and her lungs collapsed too. She died and had to revived. She was lucky, the guy driving is facing 8 years behind bars, just for using his phone!

Old 09-06-2015, 05:44 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Agree 100%, a friend of mine was recently involved in a fatal crash when the guy driving the van was trying to get his Bluetooth to connect. Drifted onto the other side of the road and hit another car killing the 82 year old driver. My friend broke 9 ribs, smashed her sternum 3 times, and her lungs collapsed too. She died and had to revived. She was lucky, the guy driving is facing 8 years behind bars, just for using his phone!
You call that lucky? Rather than experience all that physical suffering, I'd MUCH prefer facing 8 years behind bars.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:59 AM   #9
Registered Member

I have NEVER seen a purposely-built, factory designed, high performance car, such as Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, driven over the legal speed limit and weaving dangerously through other traffic on local freeways. Instead, why is it you only see huge pickup trucks, mini-vans, and highly modified crappy cars driven in a reckless manner?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rfruth
Just 8 years for vehicular homicide, no wonder its like bumper cars out there

rfruth is offline   Reply With Quote