What's your favorite dumb driver observation? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #11
Registered Member

That's maximum, chances are he'll walk due to lack of evidence. Even if he was sentenced to 8, he'd probably be free after 2.5, strange system here. In a way, I do sympathise a little, we've all done stupid things behind the wheel at some point, speeding kills more people than any other offense and yet most people have been guilty of that at some point (every day for some!) and he didn't want to kill anyone. Dealing with that every day will be a life sentence in itself.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:48 AM   #12
Registered Member

Drivers who just leave their cars running while sitting in the fast food drive through. It's predictable that the line will only move after a minute so why waste that fuel? They should all drive hybrids if they can't manage their fuel better. If no one is behind me I just sit until the last car has cleared the window before I move up. Trying to avoid fast food would be a better move for me.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #13
LDB
Registered Member

Drivers in a drive through of any sort any time. That's definitely stupid. Park and go in. Save fuel and oil, wear and tear.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #14
Registered Member

Most cars have stop start now, so this will eventually be an issue of the past!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #15
Registered Member

I have been getting really annoyed lately by drivers who just leave their high beams on. Even in the daytime...lack of blinker usage used to be my chief dumb driver thing, but I think the high beams might displace it now that I'm trucking and do a lot of my running in the very early morning hours.

Also as a trucker, the dumb sh!t people do around trucks...jamming right in front of us, or slowing down/speeding up in the merge lanes when they should probably do the opposite. Trucks are dangerous to handle and I don't see a lot of drivers doing themselves any favors in this department.

Also, now that I sit so high up, I had no idea how many people are screwing with their phones while driving...
Jcp385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #16
Registered Member

No one just screwing?
trollbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbait View Post
No one just screwing?
Not yet...now at truck stops, there are interesting things to be seen. Or heard...

Here's one that happened today. Guy is merging into the freeway, I'm in the slow lane, he could just about clear me. He's kinda cruising, not really accelerating or slowing. I'm pulling uphill, so I'm slowing a little anyway. I killed cruise control to slow some more. But at just about the same moment, rather than remember that he, coming off of the onramp, legally has to yield to me, all I get is a middle finger projected out of the driver's window - as he suddenly gets the bright idea to accelerate faster than the 55mph or so we are both doing.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcp385 View Post
Not yet...now at truck stops, there are interesting things to be seen. Or heard...
Yep. I've read stuff about "working girls" at Truck Stops. Good business sense on their part. I imagine the story is as old as the camel caravans crossing Asia Minor.

Ok. You started it. Humor us. Got any good stories?
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
Yep. I've read stuff about "working girls" at Truck Stops. Good business sense on their part. I imagine the story is as old as the camel caravans crossing Asia Minor.

Ok. You started it. Humor us. Got any good stories?
Well the ones I had in mind didn't necessarily involve lot lizards...although I have encountered a couple. Bleagh. I don't think there are any stories of the sort appropriate for here!
Old 09-26-2015, 05:38 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcp385 View Post
Well the ones I had in mind didn't necessarily involve lot lizards...although I have encountered a couple. Bleagh. I don't think there are any stories of the sort appropriate for here!
Inappropriate? NAW! Couldn't be. Have you seen some of the other posts here? You couldn't say anything that hasn't already crossed the minds of most of the members here.

Besides, I doubt there are any female Fuelly members. They could easily rename Fuelly "Boys Club".

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote