What's your favorite dumb driver observation? - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-03-2015, 03:46 AM   #31
Registered Member

Bad overtaking has to be the worse offensive here, so many impatient idiots risking lives. Imagine the carnage of two vehicles colliding at 60 Mph, it's a good job the biker was narrow enough to squeeze by...

Watch the terrifying moment a driver in Gwynedd attempts a 'crazy' overtaking manoeuvre - Daily Post

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post
Bad overtaking has to be the worse offensive here, so many impatient idiots risking lives. Imagine the carnage of two vehicles colliding at 60 Mph, it's a good job the biker was narrow enough to squeeze by...

Watch the terrifying moment a driver in Gwynedd attempts a 'crazy' overtaking manoeuvre - Daily Post
Using the turn signal was a polite touch.

ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:19 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draigflag View Post

Is passing allowed in that area? Your roads are marked differently than ours. In a blind curve situation, as that, our roads would be marked with double yellow lines, indicating that passing is not allowed.
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #34
Registered Member

Overtaking is legal yes, a broken white line as in the video is OK to overtake so long as it's clear and safe. In this case it obviously wasn't. An unbroken white like (solid) indicates no overtaking at all. It's never a good idea to overtake on a bend anyway, but I don't think they paint solid lines on every bend, it's usually considered common sense, something that is evidently lacking in our society!

Old 11-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #35
Registered Member

This is a bit off topic, but still within the thread subject; all drivers in all films and TV shows who get out their car and leave it with the window open and unlocked. These are fictitious dumb drivers and I clock them everytime - it bugs me! What if it rains? What if your ipod gets stolen? Who leaves their car with the window down?
Old 11-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #36
Registered Member

Ha ha - just read back a page. I trust you had a head cam on when snapping your speedo, not using a mobile while driving - the irony would just be too much Draigflag...!
Old 11-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #37
Registered Member

I always notice that in films too, I think it's a modern world thing we worry about now, like you say, too many gadgets and gizmos to be stolen these days.

I actually just held my phone up and pressed the side button which takes a picture even when the phone is locked, so no distractions occurred don't worry!

Old 11-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #38
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlovesgoddess View Post
This is a bit off topic, but still within the thread subject; all drivers in all films and TV shows who get out their car and leave it with the window open and unlocked. These are fictitious dumb drivers and I clock them everytime - it bugs me! What if it rains? What if your ipod gets stolen? Who leaves their car with the window down?
I do all the time. I also leave my keys in the ignition and my wallet in there too. No one ever messes with anything in my area.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #39
Registered Member

It's more laid back in Wales too, not many people lock thier houses or cars here, all though the authorities have been urging people to do so recently as people from other countries have been taking advantage of the "laid back" life and have been coming to Wales on day trips just to rob people.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #40
Registered Member

I once accidentally left my client in a car, it was stolen and burnt out. Another time I left my car unlocked but no keys in, and had my wallet (which had fallout my pocket) stolen with several hundred pounds of pizza money I had to repay my boss...! Another car which was locked, I returned to find the steering wheel snapped clean off due to the strength of the steering lock. The humorous would be their left on the passenger seat a Police published "So, you are a victim of crime" leaflet..! To be honest, my first thought when seeing a car on TV with a window left open is "it might rain"...!