What's your favorite dumb driver observation? - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #41
Registered Member

My client!? Flip this autocorrect - I left my keys in my car....

Old 11-09-2015, 12:42 PM   #42
Registered Member

Would be their? Would be thief!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #43
Registered Member

Ha Ben there is an edit button, you can make changes to your post shortly after posting

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #44
Registered Member

Ha ha! Thanks, I ll look out for that...!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:23 AM   #45
Registered Member

Bringing this thread back to life!

Encountered an amusing road rage incident. I’m on the right lane of a 2-lane highway. Speed limit was 50 and I was going at just under 55. This guy decided to cut me off from the left and tap his brakes. The whole thing was unprovoked! I didn’t do anything to him; we weren’t even in the same lane. He was on the left and I was on the right. If he thought I was going too slow, he easily could have passed me; there was nobody in front of either of us. Anyway, I don’t really care about these types of incidents. I just chalk it up to people being stupid. That’s when things turned funny.
After he tapped his brakes, he decided to roll down his window so he could stick his arm out to give me the finger. I should have prefaced that by saying it was cold outside. Temperatures were at or below freezing. I just couldn’t help but laugh; that idiot thought that it was worth it to brave the freezing cold just to give me the finger.
I decided to have some fun since my exit was coming up. I signaled left as if I was going to accelerate to pass the jerk. As expected, he swerved over to the left lane to prevent me from doing so. And then I just took my exit on the right.
ohyeahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:30 AM   #46
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahar View Post
Bringing this thread back to life!

Encountered an amusing road rage incident. I’m on the right lane of a 2-lane highway. Speed limit was 50 and I was going at just under 55. This guy decided to cut me off from the left and tap his brakes. The whole thing was unprovoked! I didn’t do anything to him; we weren’t even in the same lane. He was on the left and I was on the right. If he thought I was going too slow, he easily could have passed me; there was nobody in front of either of us. Anyway, I don’t really care about these types of incidents. I just chalk it up to people being stupid. That’s when things turned funny.
After he tapped his brakes, he decided to roll down his window so he could stick his arm out to give me the finger. I should have prefaced that by saying it was cold outside. Temperatures were at or below freezing. I just couldn’t help but laugh; that idiot thought that it was worth it to brave the freezing cold just to give me the finger.
I decided to have some fun since my exit was coming up. I signaled left as if I was going to accelerate to pass the jerk. As expected, he swerved over to the left lane to prevent me from doing so. And then I just took my exit on the right.
High marks for remaining coolheaded. Although, I think the typical personality profile of a hypermiler is that personality type.

If it's any help, you may benefit from a page out of my playbook....

Think of people behaving like that as "barking dogs". You can NOT reason with a dog, so forget any communication which runs the risk of escalation.

Take comfort knowing they will eventually meet another irrational person and both will cancel each other out. You read about such news quite often.

Also, people with THAT type of mentality are under constant stress and, because of that, are actually sending themselves to an early grave! Good riddance.

Doug
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #47
Registered Member

Heading to the gas station in the truck with a dump trailer in tow, when this minivan backs out of her driveway right in front of me. She then proceeds to pull back into the left lane (oncoming) by her driveway, so I begin getting back up to speed, figuring she realized a vehicle was coming and was getting out of the way. She then proceeds to stand on it and whip back over in front of me, which required all the braking power I could muster not to plow into her passenger door. She then proceeds to flip me off, to which I just throw my hands up like WTF. As we come to the stop sign, her boyfriend gets out and starts chewing my @$$ for coming up on them with their kids in the van. I said, I'm sorry I was minding my own business when you about killed yourselves, maybe your GF should look before she pulls out, as you're lucky you're not all injured from being hit by 15k worth of vehicle. He continues blaming me for the incident, to which I ignore him and proceed about my way, leaving him standing at the intersection.
Should be noted this all happened in the middle of town.
VanCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #48
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCollector View Post
Heading to the gas station in the truck with a dump trailer in tow, when this minivan backs out of her driveway right in front of me. She then proceeds to pull back into the left lane (oncoming) by her driveway, so I begin getting back up to speed, figuring she realized a vehicle was coming and was getting out of the way. She then proceeds to stand on it and whip back over in front of me, which required all the braking power I could muster not to plow into her passenger door. She then proceeds to flip me off, to which I just throw my hands up like WTF. As we come to the stop sign, her boyfriend gets out and starts chewing my @$$ for coming up on them with their kids in the van. I said, I'm sorry I was minding my own business when you about killed yourselves, maybe your GF should look before she pulls out, as you're lucky you're not all injured from being hit by 15k worth of vehicle. He continues blaming me for the incident, to which I ignore him and proceed about my way, leaving him standing at the intersection.
Should be noted this all happened in the middle of town.
Don't sweat it. With their attitude they'll be burned to death in a violent car wreck. And, while screaming at the top of their lungs for mercy, their faces will melt off their skulls like that scene in "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

GREAT! I feel better already!
ChewChewTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain View Post
Think of people behaving like that as "barking dogs". You can NOT reason with a dog, so forget any communication which runs the risk of escalation.
Totally agree, Doug. Besides, there’s so many crazy people out there. I wasn’t going to put my family at risk just because some dimwit decided to fire up all 3 of his neurons to do something dumb. Just shrug and move along.
ohyeahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:16 AM   #50
Registered Member

Get yourselves a cheap dashcam with a mic. I find it helps me keep my cool in these "red mist" moments, you know it's recording other people's stupidity, but you kind of want to behave, incase anything turns real nasty, it might end up as evidence.

I'd be worried living in the US, people could pull a gun on you in these rage moments.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel
Draigflag is offline   Reply With Quote