Who's mileage is the worst? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #1

Who's mileage is the worst?

So who's got the worst mileage? I know the two vehicles I've been logging have been much worse then the others I've seen posted, mostly due to one being a patrol car and the other an AWD 550hp Hemi, but is there any way to sort vehicles by mileage?

Mike1nyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
pb

nah, we don't list things by mileage because we don't want Fuelly to turn into a contest that you can "win" (either best or worst). Since everything is self-reported, winning any list like that would be easy: post fake data. Here's more info about why we don't list things that way: Why don't you list everything in order of best fuel economy?

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #3

hey, but if you did, we could learn a lot.
OwlJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #4

I think it would be neat to see the users who travel the most in a months time... and the gas milage during that time frame...

Say take the users over the last 30 days with the highest mileage, and see what cars they are driving for there daily drivers. That would give some real world feedback for what road warriors are choosing, and where trends are going. Data mining at its finest... you guys have a lot of data here and the stats that could be put out are endless.
jnc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #5

Truthfully, all these people who try to get the best economy are ruining the fun of driving for the rest of us. Some of us like to accelerate hard (my Jeep does 0-60 in 3.59sec) and run fast. We don't wanna just creep around to save a little gas. I'd rather get my 10mpg and have fun driving then get 20 or more and have driving be a chore. I spend 45 hours a week behind the wheel. If driving is gonna be a chore, I'll go nuts.

God, forget economy, enjoy the drive.
Mike1nyny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:47 AM   #6

As he said ^^

I enjoy driving and a few mpg here and there wont make a difference.

I agree it does hurt at the pump but i have tried driving sensible cars sensibly but i hate it. I don't spend my pennies up the pub or on fags so i spend them at the pump and enjoy driving

It's not how fast i can get from A to B, if I am late so what, it's how much fun I can have from A to B
grunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #7
Registered Member

I think its fun seeing how far I can go on a tank. I used to have fast cars, drove too fast, got major speeding tickets, etc. Now I am older, have kids and drive a diesel!! Yes I am that slow guy ahead of you - sorry!
108Acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #8

Points to ponder....

Just a general point, what good is a database if you can't get the information out of it you are looking for?

It's harder to fake data when the user has to input more information rather than less and to provide accumulative data.. Things like using ODO mileage rather than TRIP mileage for example. This establishes a trend that makes it easier IMHO to identify a fraud. And after a while a fraud grows tired of having to calculate all the numbers to make them all fit.

FWIW, I know the limits and the capabilities of my car and when I see someone getting astronomical MPG results, I know something is up. I like the idea of self-policing in a forum setting where people who make what seem to be outrageous claims are challenged by others to provide more info. I'm on several forums where that is very effective.

Also, IMO, it is incumbent on the high achievers to provide more information rather than less to establish their credibility.

And this is a soapbox for me. Remember that some find it a challenge to get better mileage plus enjoy the drive. You can do both. I'm not talking about puttering around like my grandma but rather, operating your vehicle within the bounds of the law. To me, tearing down a road at break-neck speed, having to focus 110% of my attention to how close I am to losing control and where the next law enforcement officer might be with a radar gun is not my idea of fun.

I guess with all my years of driving and using my CPR/First Aid skills at numerous accident scenes, it has tempered me to look for exhilaration elsewhere rather than public roads. And I can witness that nothing will change your driving style faster than pulling the father of three little girls out of a mangled car and giving him CPR for twenty minutes until the EMT's arrive, only to find out that he died later that night. The flame of life is too easily extinguished. Be careful out there.

Sorry to get on a soapbox.
DieselAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 AM   #9

I must agree with Diesel. Just last night one of my partners was hit by a drunk driver while we all were responding to a shoots fired call. Her car slammed head-on into a parked vehicle after the drunk driver abruptly decided to make a U-Turn from the number 2 lane. Thankfully, she walked away, despite us having fire roll her to the hospital to get her checked out.

I have done EVOC, Advanced Driver's Tactics, and more. Nothing hit home until I rolled to a auto vs ped fatal. People need to keep their heads up.

Just a week ago we had the stolen vehicle that ran from Long Beach PD after it blew through a DUI checkpoint. What didn't make the news is that just this last week they pronounced the child brain-dead and were looking to harvest the organs.

I personally have found that setting my cruise control on my personal vehicle at 65-70 MPH gives me the best MPG; however, I have been pulled over on my way home from work 3 times coming home and just laugh watching people get flustered as I scoot along my 40 mile drive to the station on the way in.

The most funny thing is my EOW is something between midnight and 3am. So, driving on the empty freeway with the cruise control set at the speed limit appears to be outstanding PC for CHiPy's to think DUI.

Bottom line is, and it's funny to have to say, don't put your safety at risk to achieve best fuel economy. Be a alert and aware driver at all times.
Taser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:23 AM   #10

*Shots fired.

(Is there ever going to be an edit feature for our posts?

Taser is offline   Reply With Quote