wildfire - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-09-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

wildfire

first of all, I am not a dealer and don't even own one of these cars (thinking about it really hard).

I have heard that they are VERY inexpensive and they are legal to drive at least in North Carolna. I have sent an email inquiring about pricing. I will let everyone know when I get a response.

www.wildfirevehicles.com

also, it says that the top speed is 50 but a guy that owns one around here said that he has had his up to 65 but he said "it wasn't a pleasant experience"

side note: I did check the forums before posting this and found none with "wildfire" in the title

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Site Team / Moderator

Looks interesting, but from their website it does not appear that a/c is an option...

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #3

I've seen one cruising around in Chicagoland's NW burbs. Seems decent if you don't ever need to go on the highway.
ihatemybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Registered Member

also notice that the hp rating is 17, I don't think it is able to have a/c.

I didn't say it was perfect, just something I found.

depending on the price (which I am still waiting for) it still may be worth it.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #5

I'd love to see pricing with & without wrap. Needs an A/C though.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
Registered Member

not sure how much power it takes to turn the compressor for most a/c units but I would think that 17hp doesn't leave any room for accessories.

still waiting on pricing. I am very curious myself about pricing. the wraps, I guess if you have a business or just want to be different. I think the car itself (or truck) is different enough as it is.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #7
Registered Member

I just talked to the guy on the phone and he said that the two models on the web are no longer being imported. they do have two models with larger engines.

http://www.wildfirevehicles.com/What...ew_models.html

he said the pricing depends on the dealer but the car's MSRP is set around 7K to 7,100. it does not come with air but he said that there may be some after market options there. he also said that the speedometer goes up to 60 MPH which was a big concern for me.

I am still thinking about this for myself. I am a little concerned about stability. his recommendation was not to ever hit a freeway or interstate which limits the car but for the price and size, it still isn't that bad.

it also has a larger load capacity. 1000lbs vs 550lbs. I think it may be a viable alternative.

*edit* he said that pricing doesn't include delivery or the logo wrapping and what not either.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
Registered Member

Hmmm I wonder if I can buy the tooling for the Reliant Robin, might get that in on motorcycle regs here, but it's much closer to a "real" car and will do 90mph and 60-90mpg imperial some have been reported @ 100 imperial.

(BTW those Reliant chassis/bodies would make awesome electric or hybrid conversions also.... prolly get 150mpg out of one with a 20HP diesel series hybrid setup)
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #9
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
$7000 sounds like far too much for that car, to me.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #10
Site Team / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior View Post
Hmmm I wonder if I can buy the tooling for the Reliant Robin, might get that in on motorcycle regs here, but it's much closer to a "real" car and will do 90mph and 60-90mpg imperial some have been reported @ 100 imperial.

(BTW those Reliant chassis/bodies would make awesome electric or hybrid conversions also.... prolly get 150mpg out of one with a 20HP diesel series hybrid setup)
I googled reliant robin, just to see what car you are speaking of, and I found this...

I don't think it can outrun a mid 70's Plymouth Fury, and I think it might fall apart on the landings if you tried to jump it, if you could even catch some air with it.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote