winter mix fuel SUCKS - Page 3 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #21
Registered Member

Oh damn, I have seen that place, just never knew if it was good or not.

Thanks for the info!

On the never-ending quest for better gas mileage...
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:29 AM   #22
Site Team / Moderator

Its considered a Nat'l historic landmark. He uses the same ice cream machines that were used when the place opened. I hear parts are a real pain to find. He also uses the exact same recipe that was used when the place was opened. My "usual" is a Jumbo Chocolate cone. On a summer evening that is the place to be. When I used to drive an ambulance in the area whenever we dropped someone off @ Mary Washington Hospital we'd cut through and get ice cream for the ride back to the squad. I've seen it where the line wrapped around the building twice. They don't do that now. It was too much of a problem. If you notice in the picture there are 2 orange cones to keep the line from going around the building. Now they just let the line trail down the block. Opening weekend in the spring is just amazing. You just wouldn't believe the lines.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #23
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
Its considered a Nat'l historic landmark. He uses the same ice cream machines that were used when the place opened. I hear parts are a real pain to find. He also uses the exact same recipe that was used when the place was opened. My "usual" is a Jumbo Chocolate cone. On a summer evening that is the place to be. When I used to drive an ambulance in the area whenever we dropped someone off @ Mary Washington Hospital we'd cut through and get ice cream for the ride back to the squad. I've seen it where the line wrapped around the building twice. They don't do that now. It was too much of a problem. If you notice in the picture there are 2 orange cones to keep the line from going around the building. Now they just let the line trail down the block. Opening weekend in the spring is just amazing. You just wouldn't believe the lines.

-Jay
Its funny that I haven't visited an ice cream shop for the 14 years I have been in the U.S.

I should get out more often hhaha.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue View Post
If you notice in the picture there are 2 orange cones to keep the line from going around the building. Now they just let the line trail down the block. Opening weekend in the spring is just amazing. You just wouldn't believe the lines.

-Jay
Lmfao I haven't seen what you speak of since the 80's, we used to have
a restaurant the line of cars would regularly hold up traffic on the main 3-lane
45mph thoroughfare...
Apparently many a business today could stand to take some lessons here.