CRX HF '91 Federal ECU in '88 CA? - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Gone through another tank yet? I'm very curious about all of this. I'd also like to figure out once and for all whether or not there really are HP differences between the 1988 and 1991 model CRX HFs. Does anyone have any actual manufacturer's information on this?
http://www.autos.msn.com

I had thought that the 90-91 had 70 HP but I checked autos.msn.com and they still were 62 so no difference there. This experiment will have to be postponed until the purchase of a supermid. The last tank was not so good 43.7 but I just fixed the A/C and was using it a bit in the mini heat wave this week. I'm still dialing in the car and making adjustments so any conclusions made would be weak at best. It's worth it just the way it runs with the federal. Of course maybe my old one was bunk.

No conclusions here but for $25 or so I'd think it would be a good time to get a spare for the future anywayh

FritzR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
Registered Member

I am having a friend from Honda-Tech chip me an ECU to use in my HF. I originally wanted a FED ECU for my CA car. He told me to get him an auto LS integra ECU, and he burnt me a custom mapped chip for gas mileage. He said it should help with a little more power too.

crxbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxbart View Post
I am having a friend from Honda-Tech chip me an ECU to use in my HF. I originally wanted a FED ECU for my CA car. He told me to get him an auto LS integra ECU, and he burnt me a custom mapped chip for gas mileage. He said it should help with a little more power too.
Tell me your results when you get done! I think the main difference between the fed and the CA hf is the ecu causes the car to run better at low rpms and that the fed has a shift light. I don't think I'd want the fed transmission because at freeway speeds around here I get the best MPG at 65 MPH, thanks yoshi. At 65 I get 60MPG cruising the freeway holding the gas steady up and down the hills. At 55 MPH I can get 65MPG on a flat but I have to gas it up hills so I am not going 45 in a 65 zone and overall I end up with less MPG cruising. If I lived somewhere flat the federal trans might be worth it. These are numbers from my supermid so they do not count any accelerating on the onramp, slowing for traffic etc...
FritzR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
Registered Member

Federal PM8 ECU

Do the part numbers differentiate between the Federal and California PM8?

Some end in a 20, 22 and 30. Some serial numbers start with 660 and others with 661. How can I be sure I get the 49 state version?

quartersawnoak is offline   Reply With Quote