Ethanol Free Gas Found At Last!!! - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Android Users - Coming Soon! - Migrating from aCar 4.8 to 5.0

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #31
Site Team / Moderator
 
Jay2TheRescue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 4,657
Country: United States
Location: Northern Virginia
My vehicles are old, and I'd like them to run for well, forever. I don't think I'm trying Nitro.
__________________

__________________






Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 52
Country: United States
Sorry that youre mundane... Just Joshin with you, that was more of a funny post about nitro. I gotta get my jollies somehow here, I get a life and death "thrill" almost every time I drive off of this base!
__________________

__________________
nate sanders

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #33
Registered Member
 
bowtieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,873
Country: United States
Location: orlando, florida
update:

the good...finally started my experiment by filling w/ non-E10 gas yesterday.

the bad...a couple days before filling, my car started acting up again. feels like a back pressure hesitation. maybe the muffler is shot! FE is surely compromised.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #34
Registered Member
 
theholycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,624
Country: United States
Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieguy View Post
the bad...a couple days before filling, my car started acting up again. feels like a back pressure hesitation. maybe the muffler is shot! FE is surely compromised.
I had a cat so plugged up that I could barely maintain highway speed and it had little effect on my FE.
__________________
This sig may return, some day.
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #35
Registered Member
 
GasSavers_RoadWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,652
To test for exhaust or cat plugging, stick a vacuum gauge on a convenient port, rev the motor to 2500 or so and let off the throttle sharply, if the vacuum drops realllllly sllloowwwly then there's definitely a problem.
__________________
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #36
Registered Member
 
bowtieguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,873
Country: United States
Location: orlando, florida
thanks guys. the cat is fairly new and the problem is VERY intermitant.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #37
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 217
Country: United States
Model airplanes with IC engines use nitro. You probably can pick up nitro at your local hobby shop. I was thinking about it a few years ago for my lawnmower.
dosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #38
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 52
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosco View Post
Model airplanes with IC engines use nitro. You probably can pick up nitro at your local hobby shop. I was thinking about it a few years ago for my lawnmower.

hmmmm, you have a point there, but it contains castor oil and its for 2 strokes.. my parents used to have a 2 stroke push mower when i was a kid, cant remember who made it....
__________________
nate sanders

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #39
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 217
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi tech hillbilly View Post
hmmmm, you have a point there, but it contains castor oil and its for 2 strokes.. my parents used to have a 2 stroke push mower when i was a kid, cant remember who made it....
Not talking about glow fuel which has nitro in it.

Am talking about buying straight nitro at your local hobby shop. I can't recall if it was "pure" (so to speak), or some sort of nitro additive for glow fuel. I will stop by my shop in the next couple of days to check.

As far as 2-stroke lawnmowers, you are probably thinking of Lawnboy ... they seem to be popular here in Maryland (I never saw one growing up in upstate NY). I had one for a while after my nice 4-stroke (that I had for 9 years) was stolen. I was happy to be rid of the oily, smokey thing. Gach!! I will probably get lung cancer after having used it ... blue smoke disaster!!
dosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #40
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 52
Country: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosco View Post
Not talking about glow fuel which has nitro in it.

Am talking about buying straight nitro at your local hobby shop. I can't recall if it was "pure" (so to speak), or some sort of nitro additive for glow fuel. I will stop by my shop in the next couple of days to check.

As far as 2-stroke lawnmowers, you are probably thinking of Lawnboy ... they seem to be popular here in Maryland (I never saw one growing up in upstate NY). I had one for a while after my nice 4-stroke (that I had for 9 years) was stolen. I was happy to be rid of the oily, smokey thing. Gach!! I will probably get lung cancer after having used it ... blue smoke disaster!!

oh, my bad i didnt know you could buy "pure" nitro, i was into gas r/c airplanes for a little bit but i just bought what super tiger recomended. Youre right about the mower too and i hated mowing with that smoky pile too, especially 1/2 acre..

Back on task though, i really wonder if methanol and nitro would blend and not seperate, how much does nitro cost?
__________________

__________________
nate sanders

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Numberpad on iPhone vr4Legacy Fuelly Web Support and Community News 8 01-29-2012 12:15 PM
new link for Mobile after submit Pontiac Fuelly Web Support and Community News 1 02-07-2009 05:48 AM
Recent Fuel-ups Graph Scale rcsheets Fuelly Web Support and Community News 5 09-08-2008 04:11 AM
How do u guys calculate miles per gallon? GasSavers_fuelmiser General Fuel Topics 29 07-02-2007 06:43 AM
FE driving, good for mpg but bad for emissions? omgwtfbyobbq General Fuel Topics 21 05-16-2007 09:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.