Experiment for VXers - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #41
Registered Member

Monroe wehn your comments become antagonistic they don't deserve any answer.

regards
gary

Old 05-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
the limitations of the situation
I guess one of the limitations of the situation is that you're going to continue to duck a simple question. Maybe this is your way of letting us know that you don't expect to be taken seriously.

monroe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #43
Registered Member

And when you get caught inventing your own facts, that has nothing to do with antagonism. It's simply reality catching up with you.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM   #44
Registered Member

You are whining again son, I get that for free from my wife certain days of the month.

And when you get caught with your false conclusions you duck the test that proves you are wrong, using the whimpy, whining excuse. "I might hurt my engine". In reality you should be saying " My ego can't handle real data that shows I don't understand what I am talking about".

later
g
Old 05-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #45
Registered Member

Nice job trying to change the subject. You have quite a few at your disposal.

You specifically claimed your mileage is 15% better than mine. Even though you don't know my mileage. Maybe you'll eventually decide to explain why you did this, but the absence of an explanation is also a kind of explanation.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #46
Registered Member

Based on your two mileage reports in this thread, the only information you divulged until you decided to reveal some more.

Of course the some more made my average much better than 15%.

Im playing you like a fiddle son.

reciepts from 4-26-08 to 5-19-08

4-26 396 miles 6.396 gallons@$3.399=61.9 MPG
4-28 260 miles 5.173 " @$3.299=50.3 MPG
5-03 414 miles 7.412 " @$3.379=55.9 MPG
5-09 365 miles 6.023 " @$3.369=60.6 MPG
5-13 265 miles 4.823 " @$3.509=54.9 MPG
5-19 348 miles 6.094 " @$3.599=57.1 MPG
-----------------------------------------------------
2048miles 35.951=56.966426

Close enough to 57

Easily transferrable to a gas log sometime soon.

Doesn't include my best 304 on 4.627.

Then it would be;

2352 on 40.177 = 58.54 closer to your calculation.

I'll take the 57 and its still improving on a daily basis.

$138.68 for 2,352 miles 5.896 cents a mile

And yours?

Not just two 100 mile trips filling up at two different stations.

regards
gary
Old 05-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #47
Registered Member

Quote:
Based on your two mileage reports in this thread
Now that I've asked the question half-a-dozen times, you've decided to finally provide an answer. But your answer only deepens the mystery.

Let's see if I'm understanding you correctly. Early in this thread (http://www.gassavers.org/showpost.ph...3&postcount=7), I mentioned two fills: 55.8 mpg and 51.2 mpg. You decided that was enough information for you to make this claim:

Quote:
my mileage is 15% higher than yours.
Let's put aside the fact that I was only mentioning two fills, not any kind of an overall average. You've claimed that your overall mileage is 58.5. If your mileage is 15% higher than mine, than my mileage must be 50.9, because 58.5 is 15% higher than 50.9.

In other words, you have concluded that my average mileage is 50.9. And you claim that you did this "based on [my] two mileage reports in this thread." Those two reports were 55.8 mpg and 51.2 mpg.

I'm interested in understanding the math you used to derive an average of 50.9 from the numbers 55.8 and 51.2.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #48
Registered Member

You chose two mileages. I chose two mileages. Pick the ones that match 15%, since you have no credibility (remember equal playing field).

After the post is made only then do you start to post other mileages you withheld until it suited your purpose in trying to attack my credibility.

Your average is (spare me the excuses)?

My car was sitting in a junk yard two months ago.

Post some useful information if you have any.

regards
gary
Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
You chose two mileages. I chose two mileages. Pick the ones that match 15%
OK, that's still fairly opaque, but I think I'm finally starting to catch on. When you said "my mileage is 15% higher than yours," what you actually meant was 'I can cherry-pick from my list of fills and find two values that are each, respectively, 15% higher than the two fills you mentioned.'

Thanks for explaining your creative approach to data analysis. Your answer is so impressive that it's hard to understand why you ignored the question the first six times I asked it.

Quote:
trying to attack my credibility
Any damage to your credibility is wholly self-inflicted.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #50
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe74 View Post
OK, that's still fairly opaque, but I think I'm finally starting to catch on. When you said "my mileage is 15% higher than yours," what you actually meant was 'I can cherry-pick from my list of fills and find two values that are each, respectively, 15% higher than the two fills you mentioned.'

Thanks for explaining your creative approach to data analysis. Your answer is so impressive that it's hard to understand why you ignored the question the first six times I asked it.

Any damage to your credibility is wholly self-inflicted.
Cherry picking from your list of fillups is exactly what you did, and you did it first.

You seem to have trouble when people use the same methods you used first.

Then you resort to personal attacks and attempts at character assasination.

You continuously whine when your irrelevant demands are not met.

You refuse to conduct a simple experiment that verifies my statement about throttle position, because you know its true.

You seem to think smoke and mirrors and pitiful propaganda tactics justify your position.

I post here for a lot of people to read son, your demands and insults are just a pitiful part of the process of communication, like shouting down a speaker becasue you don't like the message.

I have proof you have excuses.

I refuse to operate my car in such a way that is guaranteed to eliminate any chance of lean burn being utilized, while you think WOT is the best way.

You yak on about load and throttle position basically being the same. On a dyno load is applied by the dyno. Throttle position is applied by the operator mechanically using the vehicles throttling system. Try learning th difference.

Even in the BSFC map you can see the fallacy of your logic. The top of the chart is not the area of best efficiency, its the max load sustainable with max throttle.

If you tried the two tests you would see what I was trying to describe in real data that you couldn't come back with a credibility attack to (in your mind only) justify your flawed position.

As far as answering your questions.

I'll be glad to do so after you have performed the two recommended tests and explained your position with the test data as a known fact, since if I offered the data you would simply call me a liar, to rationalize your ignoring facts. Keep the questions to one per thread, I wouldn't want to overload your capabilities. Also start your own threat instead of hijacking mine.

Whether you do that or not, I could care less. Many other people have read this thread and I can only hope thay have waded through all your rubbish and actually learned something.

You also demand I create a gas log while you don't.

Follow your own demands with no excuses, then come back and speak in a civilized manner, and I will do the same. Be a jerk and you will be shown to be the fool you are.

regards
gary