Filter catch can - Page 12 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 03-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #111
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_Red
tjts1 where did you find a filter like that?

Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #112

We use them at work in some of the machines we manufacture. I got this one out of the junk pile after cleaning out the warehouse of parts we no longer use. Unfortunately it doesn't have a manufacturer brand on it. Just Made in USA. I'll ask around to see if I can find the manufacturer.

dieselbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #113
Registered Member

...?!

For some reason my oil catchcan is not catching any oil. I guess that's a good thing then haha. The direction of airflow from the valve cover to the throttlebody and the catchcan itself is specific so I know its installed correctly. The hose is 3/8" so its plenty large enough to pass 5W20, I guess as long as the crankcase is being vented i'll remain sound...any feedback. Will post pic soon I need to find a usb cable
civicduty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #114
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicduty_ View Post
For some reason my oil catchcan is not catching any oil. I guess that's a good thing then haha. The direction of airflow from the valve cover to the throttlebody and the catchcan itself is specific so I know its installed correctly. The hose is 3/8" so its plenty large enough to pass 5W20, I guess as long as the crankcase is being vented i'll remain sound...any feedback. Will post pic soon I need to find a usb cable
Sure your PCV valve is working? How many have you travel since install?
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:14 PM   #115
Registered Member

Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpiloto View Post
Sure your PCV valve is working?
Any can catch can should theoretically collect blow-by and reduce the gasses from vapor to liquid.

Ensure that the foam inner-plug has been removed, a secure seal is present on all connections (including the jar's twist top), and that the under-hood temps aren't too high. The vapor has to cool in order to condense.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #116
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipiloto
Sure your PCV valve is working? How many have you travel since install?
My engine is not equiped with a pcv valve, it's mearly a pcv hose from valve cover to valve body. Since install i've already hit around 1,000 miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh77 View Post
Ensure that the foam inner-plug has been removed, a secure seal is present on all connections (including the jar's twist top), and that the under-hood temps aren't too high. The vapor has to cool in order to condense.
The only internal pieces in the compressor air-line filter was a foam element filter which was removed, all ands of my pcv hoses are snug. There is no way my underhood temperature will in any be cool, I live in south Texas where average daily high temp. is @ around 105 degrees F...feedback Thnx for the replys.
civicduty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #117
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to eivad1 Send a message via Yahoo to eivad1
but can u do this on a carb crx with already a pcv valve
eivad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #118
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
the catch can goes inline with the PCV line, so yes, it can be done on the CRX DX with the 1.5L D15B2 Engine.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #119
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to eivad1 Send a message via Yahoo to eivad1
whats weird is that i have driven it for over 100 miles and not 1 drop in my catch can
eivad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #120
Registered Member

If you guys are so concerned about sludge build up on top of the pistons/rings and the back sides of the valves, you can do periodic MMO/Sea Foam piston soaks as well as more frequent treatments of MMO/Sea Foam/Distilled Water in the intake.

Water works especially nicely...the expanding steam blasts the living daylights out of any buildup. The first time I squirted water into my intake, I had a noticably smoother idle afterwards. Only do this with a warm engine with high RPM's in a controlled fashion. I have rigged up my car so that I can do it while driving, so the fact the car is in gear and moving means the risk of hydrolock is almost nil.

Team: Right Lane Rollers
Jim Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote