Fuel injector cut.... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #11
Registered Member

UPDATE:

we have built the 02 controller last weekend, did not install it, because I wanted to clear up the issue with the computer going into 'limp home mode'

the engine won't revv above 4k, and it just dumps a ton of fuel into the cylinders, and over rides the 02 sensor anyways.

So in order to combat this, I have an old set of injectors lying around, that I'm going to hook up, in-line with the real ones, and when I flip my switch, it will put the signal to the dummy injectors, and not the real ones. I tried it this afternoon on one of them, and it didn't throw a code, or go into limp home mode so everything looks good.

Also I'm going to wire into this, a switch on the throttle, so that when its above somewhere around 7/16 throttle, it will re-activate one of the injectors so it will go into 3cyl mode to get up those slight inclines.

Pyrorocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 AM   #12
Registered Member

Whatever happened with this? I plan on trying out the fuel injector cut off on my car, however for it to be successful I need to be able to send the ECU into Open Loop. Is there a way to fool the O2 sensor into putting the ECU into Open Loop without throwing a code?

Old 03-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #13
Registered Member

I think if you disconnect or switch in a high resistance (10K ohm) to the Coolant Temperature Sensor, you'll be in open loop, the ECU will think the motor isn't warm enough yet. Switching in a resistance may be preferable to ensure the CTS isn't marked bad.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
Registered Member

To test out that theory I may hook up that switchable resistance for the CTS(ECT) to see if it goes into open loop. If it does go into open loop, my A/F Ratio Meter should indicate a steady mixture to the rich side of 14.7 and should no longer "dither", right?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #15
Registered Member

One thing that might work is a fuel supply cut-off while coasting in gear, the rpm's of the engine would keep it moving and thus the oil and coolant keeps flowing... Of course if one allows the rpm's to drop too far or if one should depress the clutch then the engine dies...

But it would work as an alternative to gliding, I think mostly beneficial for those short coasts where gliding is usually counter-productive due to the ICE not being off long enough.

I am thinking, to make it work, it has to be an automated system that cuts off fuel so long engine rpm's are somewhat in excess of its normal idle speed... Then, once ICE rpm's drop below idle fuel comes back on to keep it from cutting out.

This is the very technology more than a few folks assume is in today's cars.
But it's not, at least none of mine have it, maybe the newest models do, maybe not.