Fuel Vaporizer - Page 4 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
Registered Member

I dont mean to be a wet blanket

But I just clicked on the picture of the fuel vaporizer and got a number of quizzes and spyware, 3 separate windows opened up, thought I had it. I just Norton'd and Ill run an ewidow on it, but stuff was poppin up.

GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #32
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
But I just clicked on the picture of the fuel vaporizer and got a number of quizzes and spyware, 3 separate windows opened up, thought I had it. I just Norton'd and Ill run an ewidow on it, but stuff was poppin up.
Which picture are you talking about? The only one I found links to Photobucket, a reasonably safe site.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #33
Registered Member

The one that said, Originaly posted by MAXC, I clicked on it and 3 windows popped up, one was a picture, the other was a quiz, and then something about MSN video, my spyware eye activated and the website crashed to desk top.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:13 AM   #34
Registered Member

Now I have these 2 videos by tag that keep appearing in my temporary internet files and it installed 3 copy programs of something called MXMXL. So I deleted those files and now I still get the 2 videos by tag, so Ill do a full system scan and see if I can elliminate them.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:36 AM   #35
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Scott,

Start a thread in General Discussion or IM me using one of the IM links under my avatar. I'll walk you through troubleshooting and repair.

I'll see if I have time today at work to try that site on an unprotected fresh install of windows/IE6 to see if it carries that kind of payload. Imageshack (the site where that link goes) is a well-known, heavily used site for hosting pictures posted to forums. I've never used it but I'll be surprised if they have anything that shady going on.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 AM   #36
Registered Member

Thank you, been at work for 5 days, Im doing a days worth of reports, its tuesday and I think by this evening, I can link up with you.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #37
Registered Member

Ok, so the link in question is to Imageshack, a site similar to Photobucket and heavily used for posting photos. I just did a google search and apparently that is a common complaint about Imageshack.

I've edited the link to be safer by linking directly to the full-size photo itself instead of Imageshack's information page about the photo.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:49 AM   #38
Registered Member

I think I killed it.

Thanks so much, I wound up working 6 days straight finishing up the end of the month. I went to add/remove and deleted the MXML program that was 3 clones of the same program and kept deleting the Temporary File repeater for the video, and Norton scanned and have had the last 2 days without interuprion. The second I clicked on that picture, it started, that was my first site of the day, I clean my memory everytime I sign in. The main thing I noticed when I clicked on that picture was my computer slowed down, its back up to speed now. It may have been a rider virus, that lives for one day on the front page of a site, Iv gotten those from Utube and Ebay auto before, during the daily site sweep, thery're eliminated.

I seem to be the poster child for virus' I used to spend 3 or 4 hours a night on the web just surfing, then in June of 08 I got 3 killer virus' in one month. Now I just go to Gassavers, utube, and my work data site. If I get info on new sites or stuff I read, I kid you not I go to the public library, use their computers and make sure the site is safe.

Thanks so much, Scott.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #39
Registered Member

Here is a link with alot of good info on the fuel vaporization idea.

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/...ell/index.html
Stevo440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #40
Registered Member

Question, who was the one who originally came up with the ammo box wicking idea? it looks like the first time it was mentioned in this thread it was a quote. Like, it would be cool if that really worked, but I'm skeptical, especially because the amount of fuel that evaporates is dependent on the heat, so there really would only be one narrow range of temperatures where the ideal fuel to air ration would be present.

Oh, PS, stevo, that fuel vaporization info looked very thorough. It seams like you have a very good system worked out (especially as FVT, the guys who built the fuel vapor ale for the automotive x prize, only got 92 mpg- but this was on an streamlined, narrow two seater, with 3 wheels, ect...in short, 60 mpg on an old ford falcon is honestly just as, or more impressive)

Lorena_Palin is offline   Reply With Quote