Help me interpret my results - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Post Help me interpret my results

I've just had my best non-EOC tank ever, and I'd like to thank my grille blocking for it but I'm not sure.

I'll definitely need to gather more data, but in the meantime I can't wait to analyze what I've got...so what do you think?

FE-friendly conditions:
- Windows closed due to cooler temperature and rain.
- New aero mods (license plate stealth grille block, stealth grille block behind upper decorative grille).
- Grille-block related intake temperature increase.

FE-reducing conditions (compared to baseline):
- Cooler temperature.
- Small amount of A/C usage.
- 33% of driving had an extra 300 pounds load.
- Rain required wiper and headlight usage.
- Experimented with double-clutching and clutchless shifting, requiring lots of idle time between gears and lots of time spent struggling against DBW for rev-matching.
- Hurried/stressed, driving a little faster.
- My baseline usually includes a few miles EOC, had none this time

I'm not sure if this would have affected FE, but as part of my shifting experiments I rarely used the clutch to enter a normal P&G-style glide, instead just pulling it out of gear the way one does for clutchless shifting.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Registered Member

Unfortunately it's hard to say for sure, since that point looks to be on the same upwards trend as the previous non-EOC results. Where that gradual upward trend could well be the vehicle running in and the weather getting slowly warmer in general.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I kinda figured the break-in would be done by now, I'm up to something like 6500 miles.

The weather is not as warm as it was a few hundred miles back when I got almost the same FE under better conditions.

Well, as I said...I can't call this data worthy until I get some more data.