Installing an Aqua-tune today... - Page 5 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #41
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
how adjustable is the aquatune and other systems? I think the reason it works on some and not others is that it needs to be tuned for each engine...beyond even vacuum/rpm changes. think how some cars are barely 100 hp out of a 2l engine and others are over 150 hp. I don't mean that literally just the premise that not all engines are created equal.

mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #42
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
how adjustable is the aquatune and other systems? I think the reason it works on some and not others is that it needs to be tuned for each engine...beyond even vacuum/rpm changes. think how some cars are barely 100 hp out of a 2l engine and others are over 150 hp. I don't mean that literally just the premise that not all engines are created equal.
x2

i would take it to a reputable tuner to reflash the ecu to your mods?! ie. hai, headers, water inj., exhaust.... sure he'll look at you weird, a good tune is definitely worth it imo. i want to learn more about this and might do it to my vx if all goes well with you! lol looks like your the guinnea pig

https://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...onda-civic.htm

stupid ricer... useless wings are for pinguins!
93dagsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #43
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
I meant how adjustable is the water flow, not the rest of the engine but that's a good point...ideally the engine should be retuned to account for the water injections (at least advance the ignition timing)
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:52 AM   #44
Registered Member

i'm gonna try to build Ron Novak's system, but i'm wondering what would be the best source for the needle valve... i've been thinking of useing an airbrush, but it's rather expensite so i might just buy the valve, yet i'm not sure where to look for one? any ideas.

when i mentioned water injection to my dad he said he once experimented with it himself, he had the idea to useing the exhoust to heat water and produce steam for injection. as far as i know the didn't get the water hot enough, but would this be a good idea? it might eliminate the cooling benefit, but it would put much more vapore in the air.

lunarhighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #45
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
I meant how adjustable is the water flow, not the rest of the engine but that's a good point...ideally the engine should be retuned to account for the water injections (at least advance the ignition timing)
The Air/Water is sucked in on a as needed bases. High throttle = more suction of water, Low throttle just a little. However some on some cars when you use the vacuum hose for the aquatune feed. It turns off at high throttle so the aquatune isnt being used when its most needed. This wasnt the case on my car.

I also tried a direct tap into the intake header, but that turned out to be a terrible idea since my pontiac vibe has a very nasty engine control unit. Engine codes & bad idling happen right after i did that. The result of my patching up the intake holes does give a WTF factor when I open my hood now

Theres also a valve that changes the Water/H & Filtered Air blend. You can allow max air & a little water or a small bit of air & max water.

I wish someone would write a review the generator on http://www.hydrogen-boost.com. I came close to paying the $600 for one but the fuel heater I got from that site was a complete bust.
ProtonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #46
Registered Member

ya this is a first to me. interesting , the only time i every put water into an engine is to clean it from any carbon buildup or steam clean the insides.............but wow 700 bucks for the kit
superrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #47

Well, just wondering how Unstable Bob is doing with his Aquatune system?

And do you know if it is the standard Aquatune, or the AquatunePlus? From what I gather, each unit is factory adjusted for each vehicle before they ship it to you. Installation instruction must be followed to the letter as well.

I am looking at getting the AquathrustPlus for my Tundra 4.7L, and after speaking with 2 installer/dealers, and the owner-inventor Nick, I'm still going for it. I'll be sure to post results and install pics here for you guys.
Ryanrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #48

I've since found an Aquatune Plus brand new from another guy who sold his vehicle. Got it for $200, so the deal was hard to pass up. Here it installed on my Tundra:

So far, as expected, there is cleaner emissions and increased horsepower. I only have about 400 miles on it so far, and after the first fillup of mostly city driving, it is up 1mpg, and then I did a 130mi mileage run on the hiway, and lost 1mpg. I'm currently adjusting the airflow a bit to see if that helps.

Fortunately, an authorized installer is helping me out via email and phone, so hopefully we'll see some results soon. I'm not about to give up on the unit this soon into it. Maybe after a year of no results, but not after 1 month.
Ryanrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #49
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanrpm View Post
I've since found an Aquatune Plus brand new from another guy who sold his vehicle. Got it for $200, so the deal was hard to pass up. Here it installed on my Tundra:

So far, as expected, there is cleaner emissions and increased horsepower. I only have about 400 miles on it so far, and after the first fillup of mostly city driving, it is up 1mpg, and then I did a 130mi mileage run on the hiway, and lost 1mpg. I'm currently adjusting the airflow a bit to see if that helps.

Fortunately, an authorized installer is helping me out via email and phone, so hopefully we'll see some results soon. I'm not about to give up on the unit this soon into it. Maybe after a year of no results, but not after 1 month.
Where is the cover for your fuse box?
I have the same truck. I drive 150 to 350 miles a day, so I am vitally interested in your MPG report.
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:33 AM   #50
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Dust
Why don't you guys just buy a water methanol injection system. I have run several gallons of W/M through a 650cc engine. For the same price as the hose and plastic bottle posted above you can have a real system, with adjustments from inside the cabin.

To the OP, you want to look at hptuners for tuning for better mpg

GasSavers_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote