Installing an Aqua-tune today... - Page 6 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > Experiments, Modifications and DIY
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2009, 05:42 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatto View Post
Where is the cover for your fuse box?
I have the same truck. I drive 150 to 350 miles a day, so I am vitally interested in your MPG report.
I had the fuse cover off so you can see where the positive wire went. It is tapped in with an ignition fuse so that it is only hot when the key is on and engine is running. That way it is not making hydrogen when the key is off.

The thing doesn't pull more than 8-10 amps.

I'm still in the process of testing and fine tuning it to give me the best results. I hope to be getting a scangauge soon, because doing mileage the slow way is arduous.

Ryanrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 AM   #52
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Doing mileage the slow way is the only way to know for sure. The Scangauge is great for a lot of stuff, including instant and short-term average MPG readings, but it's not conclusive and you can't begin to say something works until you've got a few tanks of gas on it.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #53

You are right about that.....good points to consider.

Well, I've got about a 2mpg gain on it so far...averaging 18.6 before on the highway, and now 20.6. I've still got a lot of testing and experimentation with different combination's of things before I land on something that works best for my truck.

My goal is to get my Tundra 4.7 to over 30mpg..........possible? I think so.
Ryanrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #54
Registered Member

Jeez. And I would be happy averaging 20!
623,000 miles on original engine and transmission, using Amsoil by-pass filters and lubrication.
+Everybody knows something you don't know.
+Artists prove truth can be in forms you don't understand.

Low-Risk Option Trader
Retired Pro-Hunter featured in; 'African Hunter', by James R. Mellon III. and listed in; Rowland Ward's Records of Big Game.
shatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #55
Banned

one time i drive home in pouring rain for 120 miles and got insanely good mileage, the reason was the mist in the air, unless you heat the water there will be no mist, see cooling system driven water injection heaters, and get back to me on how well that works
spotaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #56
Banned

i remember the good ole days when plain old water sucked into your engine made it BREAK
Old 09-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #57
Banned

ok here is better idea exhaust driven water injection heaters, wrap copper tubing around exhaust piece.. and boil er up!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:51 AM   #58
Banned

dont know if that would really work btw, I would think you would need to enter this steam pre intake temp sensor
Old 09-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #59

I used to have a drag race engine in one of my cars. A turbocharged 2.0 running a huge carburetor. At full boost it saw 27psi and on a fast pass it would drink close to 1.5 gallons of water/meth. it made huge power and when we did a tear down the engine was perfectly clean.
Philip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #60
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
Steam and mist are two different things. Steam won't do much for you but a water mist, as long as it enters the chamber as a liquid, has the potential to help just the same way EGR does but to a greater extent. The water will keep chamber temps down(leading to less loss through the block and head surfaces) and in the conversion to a gas will assist in pushing the piston down the cylinder.