Is HHO the way to go? - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #161
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherbill View Post
...listen, auto makers controled by oil, controlled by NY and London exchanges and banksters, controlled by greed, wanting high demand for oil n gas...... and if you don't know that, you just another brainwashed dweeb glued to the freeking idiot box telling you want to think and how to live......
Actually, automakers are controlled by shareholders, e.g. individuals, mutual funds, 401k plans, pension funds, etc. An automaker (or any business) is primarily responsible to the shareholders to maintain or increase the value of the shares, and to pay a dividend. If you have a pension or 401k, Weatherbill, YOU probably have a little slice of GM, Ford and/or Chrysler. AND Exxon. AND Shell. And so on. And I expect that when your 401k drops, you, just like me and probably everyone else on here, get a little nervous. You want it to keep growing. Is that greed?

As far as wanting high demand for oil and gas, that WOULD be a reasonable thing for an oil company to want...that is what they are in the business of selling. On the other hand, many oil companies are branching out into other energy spheres...see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_101847.html
Again, oil companies, like car companies, are in business to provide a return on investment to their investors.

The year I started driving, 1971, the average car got about 10-12 mpg. My Corvair got about 19mpg. Was it possible to build cars which got better mpg? Certainly. Smaller displacement motors, lighter car bodies and manual transmissions all existed in 1971. The typical European car was like this. I had a friend with a 1969 Austin America which got mileage in the 30s, IIRC. It was also the only car in the neighborhood my Corvair could beat in a race.

If you remember back that far, think back to '71. If you don't, just think back to when you were about 16 or so. What car did you WANT? I'll bet you Donnas to doughnuts it wasn't a Citroen 2CV! (Personally, I was kinda partial to either a '67 Lambo, any V8 'vette, or a '37 Cord 812.) Since an hours work at minimum wage would buy 5 1/2 gallons of gas, more or less, fuel cost wasn't as big an issue as it is today. So, do you blame automakers for building and selling what people WANT? Over the years, technology has allowed us to get a LOT more efficiency from our engines. My Geo would blow the doors off my Corvair, use half as much gas, and run many times the number of miles, while holding up much better! And it's pretty much stone age technology compared to what's around now.

The advances made by the auto industry in the efficiency of their products is pretty damn amazing. Imagine if these SUVs had been made in '71. Probably would have gotten 5-8 mpg, half as much horsepower, and run 75,000 miles before needing a ring/bearing job. Kinda points away from collusion between Detroit and big oil. Plus, if there were this collusion, why would Toyota, Honda, GM and Ford be building hybrids?

BTW, I haven't had idiot box service for two years, where I live you need cable or satellite. Gave up talk radio about the time Limbaugh started spouting.

73 and have fun!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

GasSavers_JoeBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #162
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Some math;

<snip>

Hydrogen has 325 BTU per cubic foot

<snip>

regards
gary
(JoeBob has forgotten SO much chemistry!)

So THAT'S why the smart people were able to wait until the Hindenburg touched ground, then walk off the ship! Always wondered that!

Dick Naugle says: 1. Prepare food fresh. 2. Serve customers fast. 3. Keep place clean.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #163
Registered Member

Actually Joe Bob the most highly flammable part of the Hindenberg was the dope they used on the outer fabric covering. Its fairly easy to see that when you look at the movie of the burning fuselage.

regards
gary
Old 08-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #164
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.D.E. View Post
Actually Joe Bob the most highly flammable part of the Hindenberg was the dope they used on the outer fabric covering. Its fairly easy to see that when you look at the movie of the burning fuselage.

regards
gary
Of course, when you see pictures of helium-filled dirigibles that crashed, you just see wreckage, no evidence of fire. However, I can see if the hydrogen were to catch and ignite the dope, then the dope would burn quite nicely.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #165
Site Team / Moderator

Mythbusters investigated that... The fabric coating was far more flamable than it should have been, and with it being filled with Hydrogen just made matters worse.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 AM   #166
Registered Member

Would probably have been cellulose nitrate dope, not exactly flame retardant, it's more in the vicinity of explosive.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #167
Registered Member

hi guys ,can any one tell me ,,if i can put a cat bypass tube in a v6 3.4 toy,,i,m in az and cat theft is a prob,,i,m running a hho gen,no other mods ex.duct tape on grill,thankyou tundrastoy
tundrastoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:40 PM   #168
Registered Member

Red face hydrotech AND HIS HONDA CIVIC

Ok, I am curiouse, how much HHO output is your generator doing?

I have a 1996 Honda civic EX 1.6L engine
My system puts out between 3.5 and 4 liters per minute. So basicly 1 gallon per minute.

Anyways, I am curiouse about that, and I am also curiouse are you able to stop the car and then start it back up without the engine blowing up from the left over Hydrogen in the line and in the engine?

Also, what do you have your map sensor dialed onto.

I will be making a website for a chart on what people ahve all this setup as and the old MPG to the new MPG they are getting so others can copy it for that vechile.

Thanks for the infomation, I hope to achive no less the what you have with your honda.

my email is billman2002@gmail.com and that is my msn as well.

Is it ok to just hook it up to the air intake? or elsewhere as well?
Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #169
Registered Member

Cool Voltage Regulator

I have a question.

I do not want to use a PWM. as the amps you can't just set it at 20 AMPS and leave it. As it warms up, it will raise the amps, then you have to turn it down.

Right now I'm using a car charger 12v 20 AMP
However it is huge and really tacky, I have to convert it to 110v and and then hook the HHO unit up to that.

And it is hooked up to the cig lighter lol.

Anyways, I was wondering, what device can I actually use to keep the line so it wont go past 12v 20AMP? And without a PWM cuz I borrow out my car a lot and I know it will get missed up.

Thanks, Will

my email is billman2002@gmail.com
Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:25 AM   #170
Registered Member

That's enough HHO to boost a semi?

You need to use a relay that is triggered by the RUN position at your ignition switch. I also use a manual switch too.

You control amps used by controlling the amount of electrolyte used. To use no more than 20A hot...get it to run at around 10-12A cold?

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote