Is HHO the way to go? - Page 19 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #181
Registered Member

Thanks

if i was smart enough to understand that pwm setup to the computer I would attempt it lol. But I dont even have a clue. That is why i'm looking for a stupid people directions. So easy even Bill can do it! Kinda setup.

The coper wires prob wouldn't limit the voltage the way I am going to set this up. Sorry. as I am loading it up with baking soda so it can get to 20 AMPS as quick as possible, and hault their.

Well it can run under 20 Amps. So somewhere near their. even 15 i'm fine with.

Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:47 AM   #182
Registered Member

Another method is to heat your cell to control output. Need to regulate the heat though.

http://flapdoodledinghy.com/HHO_generator.html

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 AM   #183
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to dkjones96
A transmission cooler from the junkyard for $5 and a small 12v pump from ebay should be more than enough to keep the water cool. (to ambient anyways)
Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #184
Registered Member

20 AMP 12v constant power

Again, not worried about keeping it cool

I want it to only work at 20 AMP 12v.

How can I make it so the wire will not send anymore then 20 AMPS threw it and that is the max out?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #185
Registered Member

I honestly don't know why you don't want to just run a PWM and set it to where you want it and leave it.

You don't have to get fancy or anything. Get a PWM and a $5 ammeter from harbor freight and tune the pwm to 20 amps during one driving cycle, watch it for a couple more to make sure it's where you want it and then leave it alone.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #186
Site Team / Moderator

A 20 amp fuse or circuit breaker will prevent the device from using more than 20 amps. I recommend putting in a 15 amp fuse and adding electrolyte until the fuse blows, then note how much electrolyte is in solution - That's your magic number. Then replace the 15 amp fuse with a 20 or a 25 and you should be pulling just under 20 amps, but if something goes wrong it will cut the current.

-Jay

Jay2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #187
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
The benefits, in a fuel injected car, the O2 sensor will read a rich condition and lean the mix, your burning less gasoline getting better mileage and it only costs you water and baking soda.
The extra oxygen in the HHO is going to make the 02 sensor send a signal saying the engine is running lean therefore the ECU will richen the mixture unless you use an EFIE to change the voltage signal to the ECU. Some people claim that using an 02 extender to take the 02 sensor out of the direct flow of the exhaust will cause it to send a signal to the ECU saying the engine is running rich and causing it to lean the mixture, but I tried the 02 extender and didn't receive any benefit. When I removed the 02 extender the 02 sensor was black with soot where the car had been running rich.
#47 on my way to #1
Ford Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:07 PM   #188
Registered Member

I start a full month of data logging everything the ECU does next week and will put HHO on the vehicle shortly thereafter.

Then we can end this debate over what it does to an engine with EFI. I'm betting I don't see anything change except maybe the calculated engine load increase from the heavier alternator load.

I honestly don't know how it's supposed to read leaner and enrichen the mixture. HHO burns to H2O, there is no 'extra' oxygen in there.

Now, I'm not totally discounting it though. At work we see engines richen up because of the better burn but there is so little HHO in the mix that I can't see it having a drastic effect like i see claimed on here. Gonna have to take a poll here before I activate the HHO and start logging.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #189
Registered Member

Leave it and forget it 20Amp 12v

I plan on adding a lot of solution as said before.

So that way it reaches the full capacity in like 2 minutes. and dont have to wait like 30 minutes to get to 20 AMPS. and another 30 minutes for the mixture to be going fully.

Also, I borrow my car out to people, I dont need them missing with a nob and blowing something up.

Also, a breaker wont work, because it will just blow and the unit will shut off.

Any other ideas? Thanks people! I appreciate this a lot.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:33 AM   #190
Registered Member

If you make you electrolyte correctly, you should be able to control the amperage just fine. I'm sorry if I'm repeating what someone else might have said, But what I use is distilled water and lye. Yes, it's very caustic, but remember you are dilluting it a lot. I first thought I would never use the stuff, but I had such a problem with my amperage and cell temp running away (not to mention iron oxide), I said wtf and tried it. You can get the stuff at any hardware store for about 3 or 4 bucks in the plumbing section. Made by Roebic. 100% Lye.

Now, I swear by the stuff. Just control your electrolyte to control your amperage (depending on your generator, maybe 1 tblsp per gal of distilled water). My cells run cool with great output and the fluid remains relatively clear. I will be making another vid more in detail (like showing the gas output) as I make things more permanent in my truck. Here's one of my vids.

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote