Is HHO the way to go? - Page 22 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #211
Registered Member

There is no leftover, the alternator responds to the total demands and maintains a full charge in the battery. Any more and the battery is damaged by an overcharge.

A liter of HHO contains only 11% hydrogen FUEL, which is the source of all the energy. That enough heat energy to light two matches. One 336th of the fuel the engine needs to propel the car.

Oxygen contains no energy.

regards
gary

Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #212
Registered Member

You will need hundreds of liters of HHO a minute to run your engine.

regards
gary

Old 10-22-2008, 03:23 AM   #213
Registered Member

electrical engineering over here

you say you have talked to your dad about it. where do you live so I make sure that you dad doesn't wire up my house. I work with individuals that have graduated from NC STATE, A+T UNIVERSITY, UNIVERSITY of COLORADO. these people have masters degrees and a few doctorate degrees around here.

we all seem to think that the alternator will run on less load if you have less current draw on it. that inturn causes less load on the pulley and demeands less gas from the engine to burn. looking at it from the reverse direction, any electrical draw that you put on the alternator will cause it to demand more energy to turn the alternator and cause more of a load on the engine.

do some research, get a scangauge, buy a book on electronics, it isn't hard to figure this one out.

so in the case you were talking about with your dad, I guess it doesn't matter if all the lights are cut off in the house or in the fall and spring when you don't use the airconditioner or heater, it will always cost the same on your electric bill. why does mine fluctuate? I am only using LEFT OVER power there right? If that were the case, we would all have issue with the power company because my service drop is 200 amps and so is my neighbors and his bill is different than mine.

the circuit breakers that you are talking about are protection devices so you don't burn up the wires and overload the circuit. just protection, that is why they are there.

if you don't understand this simple concept of "no free lunch" then good luck to you in your HHO endavor, you are going to need it.

side note: I don't like throwing around credentials but in this situation I felt it was necessary to get the point across that I wasn't a completely incompetent and ignorant individual but actually had experience and higher education to back up my claims. I am not boasting about what I do or what I have done in the past.

GasSavers_BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:47 AM   #214
Registered Member

You need 10,775 liters of HHO to equal the British Thermal Units of energy in one gallon of gasoline. That will get you 55 miles in my car. I certainly dont want to drag a blimp behind me for a fuel source, the Aero sucks.

Thats 179 liters a minute. It would require you to electrolyze tens, and maybe hundrreds of gallons of water to produce that HHO, since water is only 11% hydrogen, and hydrogen is much lighter than gasoline. Somewhere close to 50+ gallons of water to produce 1 gallon equivalent of fuel (compared to gasoline).

Beef I don't know why we are wasting our time trying to educate those that apparently aren't interested in learning what the average 5th grader already knows.

Just in case the reader can't do a simple internet search, BTU energy in a liter of HHO is the same as lighting 11 wooden matches. That might move your car a few feet at 60 MPH.

If you choose to ignore simple grade school physics, then your wallet will be a lot lighter, and you will end up with a very expensive lesson, that you could learn in minutes.

regards
gary
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 AM   #215
Registered Member

ride,

I know, that statement about how we ALL needed to go to college just got under my skin.

I look at it this way. if everyone else in the world is wrong but me and my dad, maybe I need to re-evaluate what I think is right and wrong.

but that is just me

Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 AM   #216
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billman2002 View Post
You are correct to a point. You are making your alternator work harder. Except, I bought something that hooks up to the alternat that you get an extra 30 AMPS out of that allows you to use the left over electric your alternator produces,.

Now it doesn't just suck up 30 extra amps, at time your alternator has to work harder, but just not as hard.

That is the purpose behind it. I am actually working on a plug in water electric car. it will consume of a trunk, and 6 batterys from hybrid cars.

30 gallon tank in the trunk, I am hoping to produce enough hydrogen to run a car with no gas at all. I think you gotta use gas to start the vechile, but afer that the hydrogen will kick in and lean the vechile out.

Of course, it is my goal to make it last for 12 hours before having to plug in the batterys.
6 hybrid batteries! That's 30 grand new, and at least 10 used.

If you are going to spend that kind of money, why not just make the car electric.

You might also want to consider upgrading your household to a 1000 amp service to charge all of those batteries.

To Beef, I wouldn't worry about all those other people being right. Still haven't seen a gaslog attributing ANY significant mileage improvement to HHO.

Especially when it was a member who had maximized every other means of mileage improvement and, prior to the HHO installation, had achieved a significant improvement over the EPA ratings for his-her vehicle.

regards
gary
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #217
Registered Member

about everyeone else being right, I was talking about billman and his dad laughing at all of us.

I gotta stay away from the HHO forum

Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 AM   #218
Registered Member

Again, I understand completely that your alternator works harder to run more things hooked up to it.

But it also produces wasted electricity as well.

Now, I have no idea how many liters per minute you need to put out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEkV-E0mP8

in this link you can see this is a mythbusters HHO explained, watch the end.

They are only seeing if you can get a car to run on pure hydrogen, and they did.

And they ddi that just on one tank of hydrogen. Thatis not putting out hundreds of Liters per minute, but I would like to know the output of that tank.
Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:55 AM   #219
Registered Member

Just cracking the valve open on a pressurised tank like that you've gonna get at least 5 cfm which is approx 150 lpm.

The only wasted electricity an alternator makes is that which you use to blow your eardrums out with the stereo, or have the HVAC on too high.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #220
Registered Member

This idea that hydrogen in water is only 11.7 percent is not entirely true.
That 11.7 percent is by weight and not volume, everyone hopefully knows that hydrogen is the lightest gas on earth and that oxygen is one of the heaviest gases by weight.
One drop of water contains 1.7 QUADRILLION molecules of H2O.
That makes 3.4 quadrillion atoms of hydrogen and 1.7 quadrillion atoms of oxygen.
Thats 3,400,000,000,000,000 atoms hydrogen by volume

Aquatron is offline   Reply With Quote