Is HHO the way to go? - Page 27 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #261
Registered Member

Sorry I allready have the V2 pwm. Just getting it returned and hoping it will work better.

Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 AM   #262
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalez0r View Post
Could just switch off a cell that's inbetween two or more hot cells. Then, the neighboring cells should warm it up for you?
That works too, but I wanted it thermostatically controlled. The base plate heater warms it and a fan cools it on hot days. So far the heater has it up to temp within two miles (speed limit is 45).

In summer the fan cycles on and off once it reaches the temp I set it at. There is a green LED to indicate when the fan is running and red for heat.

flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #263
Registered Member

Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for all the help so far.

Can't wait to see final results next week.
Billman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 AM   #264
Registered Member

If you really want to make a more effecient engine with water just use WATER INJECTION. I'm not sure if this will work on an NA engine but a few of my friends use this for Drag Racing with their turbocharged 4g63 engines. It will ALLOW you to make more HP by reducing knock and allow you to advance the timing, but i'm not sure if you can use it to make the engine more fuel effecient. Just like reflashing turbocharged engines to run on E85 will allow you to up the boost on the turbo and make even more power (but takes more fuel). The problem with doing this is your engine and its tune becomes dependent and if you try to run on regular fuel without a re-tune you will blow your engine.

Note: You MUST reflash and or retune your ECU for this to work.

HHO kits are scams.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #265
Registered Member

Seems to me HHO generators would break the law! The second law that is!

Can't quite see how you can expect to gain more energy from combining H and O than it takes to crack H and O! That's without the loses involved in the phase transitions.

I think you guys should play with magnets, they don't work either, but at least they aren't dangerous!

GasSavers_thebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #266
Registered Member

Soon to build my own

I posed the question; Is HHO the way to go? Now that I picked up my new car, I plan to do a home made HHO generator. Yes kits are expensive, so I'll do a PVC jug, with Hoax plates, better known as the 8 plate Home Depot stainless steel wall plates to sepparate the H and O in water. I got most of my information from Utube, Hoax or Sir Hoax used 8 plates and produced 2 litres of HHO a minute without a PWM. You can see the original 1979 home movies of Miller running a VW sand rail exclusively on HHO. Like I have said, HHO is a suppliment, it aids combustion, increases flame speed and scavanging fuel droplets from the combustion process. There is a video on Utube that shows the combustion cycle of a Taurus V6, someone stuck a micro camera in the side of the combustion chamber. Its a dirty, impercise process, you can see the flame dancing around and large unburned droplets swirling around and then blowing out the exhaust. In theory the HHO should scavenge up that unburned fuel and therby creating power by improving the combustion process.

Another one of my favorites is the Hot Air Engine, suggested by Smokey Yunick and now called the HCCI process or Homogenous Burn Cycle, its a take on super heating fuel to make it a gas and getting rid of the droplet effect and creating a super efficient combustion process. Look up Geet and Pantone, these are names associated with these processes.

For more nostalgia, look up Wick Carburation, this is the sort of inspiration that lead to getting fuel vapor rather than a fine mist into an engine. The carburator and the fuel injector can only get fuel droplets so small, its up to new technology to make it more efficient.

When I build my HHO generator, I will do a step by step build process and thoughrough testing and hopefully we can put the HHO controversy to sleep.

I mean look at it this way, I was ready to plunk down 100 bucks for those Pulse Plugs, then one guy here bought them and he got worse mileage.
GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #267
Registered Member

F150:
New EPA12/14/17

theclencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:11 AM   #268
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
Heaven Net, please be sure to do accurate experiments before declaring your own success. To date, we have not seen good data from people claiming success with HHO. We've seen good data on failed attempts, but the successes rarely even try to claim to have real data, let alone provide any credibility.

One thing we do support here is never buying HHO products; due to the nature of that industry, it is a bad idea to support it and any HHO work should always be DIY using parts bought from companies not in that industry.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #269
Registered Member

Agreed.

Be sure to check out the Smack Booster. It's well thought out and easily replicated.

I'm yet to be convinced enough to bother despite the theory.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #270
Registered Member

By the way, we're unlikely to be impressed by a baseline gaslog that isn't beating the EPA score at least by a little... it points towards a very out of tune vehicle, or careless gas thirsty driving. Just 'coz going from 12mpg to 18mpg isn't impressive if it's what the vehicle was supposed to be doing in the first place....

.... that's my excuse for not trying it yet, I never seem to reach a state where my vehicles are running 100% perfect, there's always some little intermittent problem, or suspicion of some part being "due".

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote