Is HHO the way to go? - Page 10 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #91
Registered Member

Thanx rangerbentman for the link another great site. I also did look at Smack's unit and he has posted his whole design on his Web page... VERY COOL... Doesn't pressure you to buy anythiing from him....Awesome...when I hit the lotto or save a bunch of money with my hho unit I'll drop him some danaro!! For that I am going with his design.

my goal is to forget what side my gas tank is on when I go to fill up my Cavalier LOL

rebrich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:34 AM   #92
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebrich1 View Post
I mean I would piss in my gas tank if I thought it would help!!! BTW GREAT SITE.
It HAS been done:

http://oupower.com/index.php?dir=_Ot...cts/mrgalleria

"Lastly, to test Alaskastar's concept, a liquid containing nitrogen was used (urine). On running, almost from startup, heavy bubbling was visible. Engine ran 18 minutes. Test repeated with same results."

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:20 AM   #93
Registered Member

That bluetech stuff for diesel emissions isn't that far from pee.
I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #94
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Spence -

I am really impressed with the PDFs and the YouTubes that Smack setup :

Part 1: The Intro to Smack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxPQd...x=0&playnext=1

CarloSW2
Sorry to take this OT a little bit, but this video was in the playlist and might be the most important one there.

Anyway, I'm convinced that Smack has this stuff pretty well dialed. If ever there is a good place to start, Smack's generator looks like the top of the list to me.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:54 AM   #95
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Having seen some of the "ideas" on the inet and other places for this my understanding is...

The H2O is split to provide hydrogen then it is burned to provide energy and recombines with the oxygen to produce water as the only emission byproduct.

Damn ; Shell , BP , Exxon Mobil , Texaco should be getting on board here.
What IS WRONG with 'em?

Sorry but the laws of physics simply mean there is a negative outcome to the energy equation : It take more energy to produce hydrogen by electrolysis then you get from burning the end product.

Ahh no wait...yes I see it now...it's a conspiracy by the oil companies and the government ...they are probably reading this as I write it so I'll finish here.

Satanic mechanic: Yep an oldie but goldie from the Strolling Bones er I mean Rolling Sones and yes I have to agree "You can't always get what you want"

Pete.
Pete is called potential energy.

When you put gasoline in your car its not some inigma that it drives. "But energy is coming from nothing?!" Well obviously not, its a chemical reaction. Just like gasoline burning, an HHO generator is creating its product through a chemical reaction, and just like gasoline, in the end the water is "used." Although the production of HHO does not consume at the rate a car engine does, if you run it long enough you should run out of water.

Matter is not being created or destroyed. Energy is not spawning from nothing. The laws of physics still hold true.

In addition the fact of the matter remains that realistically a HHO Generator is just a way to convert electric power into a form that can be used by an engine. Perhaps the power lost is more efficently used by the engine. (But I don't really have any data to support that.)

Please do a bit of research prior to calling people liars, as hundreds of people, myself included, have claimed to have had successful runs of HHO.
nsgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #96
Registered Member

Is it possible that this forum and several others like it are run by cultists that are being influenced by extraterrestrials who are intending to keep humans from developing efficient energy systems in order to destroy the planet and make a take over that much easier? Or maybe that's the govt? Same thing?

The extraterrestrials fly in spaceships and don't use energy as we understand it...they use techniques like like "pulse and glide" to make their saucers fly around.

The cult members are trying to emulate them.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #97
Registered Member

Thank You

I just wanted to thank all the people who got into this long and very informative discussion about the use of HHO, I have learned allot from everyone. My new used car is comming soon and be it diesel or gas, I will build an HHO generator and I will post every picture during construction and testing for everyone. It seems allot of companies are trying to give a bit of magic to the way HHO works, from my studies I believe it is a suppliment. Petroleum based fuel will not go away, but with HHO it will burn cleaner and save us money by raising our gas mileage.

My HHO generator will use 8 stainless steel wall plates from Home Depot. I will use a PWM pulse wave modulator in the 40 amp range, which can be bought for around 70 dollars at ebay. I'm going to put it in 4 inch PVC, with circulatory plumbing to efficiently move the gas off the plates and keep a stable temperature. I still have to experiment, I don't know if I'm going to use baking soda or vinegar as an electrolyte. From what I'v read at Utube this should give me 1 litre per minute of HHO.
GasSavers_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #98
Registered Member

IF I had a beater car, I would try it out...
Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #99
Registered Member

I think the Smackbooster looks like a better design.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #100
Registered Member

I'm curious about two things.
One, Water4Gas uses a little bit of wire, claiming better production than plates. I can't see how, but there are some units on EEEEybay where some cat has used two wire coils, (but looks built by a drunken hillbilly) and I've read of them being as long as 200'. I would think this would be better than one foot of wire?
Agreeing with Snax, I like the Smackmeister's unit and think it makes sense, although I've read that biggest isn't always best, so that's probably a maximum plate size or thereabouts.
HUGE kudos to Smackman for putting that up for free.
The second thing is Smack mentions NOT to create a vacuum on the bottle such as tapping into the manifold directly in order to not suck water out of the bottle. But the Water4Gas guys do exactly that for the diesel setup. I believe that there is some suction in a diesel manifold, is there not?
Edit: Oh, and as another note, I believe that the generators using just two SS bolts would be the least effective. But wouldn't ya know there's a cat putting them on ebay starting at over $200.00...sheesh!