New HHO Setup - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

New HHO Setup

Thought I'd post a design idea I've been working on. Tell me what you guys think (don't post "HHO isn't efficent enough...." because I've already got a working rig, I'm just working on making it more cosmetically pleasing)

The thick lines indicate hosing, the 2 cylanders are made of pvc, and the circles within them are washers. Inside the pvc cylanders are lined with stainless steel plating. If you have any other questions please ask. I know nothing about righting schematics, nor do I have a REAL program to do so (MS paint). Thanks for looking!

-Nate

nsgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hi Nate. That isn't a bad drawing for being made with Microflacid Paint. I have some questions though:

What is the electrolyte?
Are the washers steel or SS? If steel, how are the holding up?
The hoses at the top make sense, but where do the hoses at the bottom go?

Bill

flapdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Looks like you are bubbling air up past the washers? Good idea.

I've seen pics of designs like this but they used holes in the plates to let the air through. Usually vertical surfaces are used to help remove the HHO bubbles?

Seems this is an issue for good gas production...getting the already formed bubbles off the plates because they act as insulators and prevent further reactions. One guy claimed a production boost by using a small ultrasonic generator on a cell.

I think you ALWAYS want to use a bubbler after the cells?

Not being critical...just talking what I've read. At least you've built one.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

flapdoodle the tubes at the bottom don't actually serve a purpose in the production of HHO, these tubes are just to allow you to change the water easily. With this setup you can have as many cylinders as you want, and you have to do to empty them is open 1 valve, then close and refill (also can be done through just 1 cylinder.) I'm using stainless steel washers, I've tried steel, even some that CLAIM to be stainless, but as soon as you begin electrolysis its obvious that they are not. As far as the medium, I'm using water with salt added (not sure on the exact amount yet). Thanks for viewing, I'd be happy to answer any other questions!

-Nate
nsgrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
Registered Member

Salt produces chlorine gas. Baking soda produces some carbon monoxide for a while at least. NaOH and KOH can cause some serious burns in high concentrations.

I think baking soda is the safest to use and is good to start with.

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote