Pics of My HHO Setup - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

I have since removed the copper coil. You guys have logical reasoning and there is no real evidence it works. Plus, my truck is running horrible. I have to do a bit of troubleshooting. My patience is wearing very thin with this stuff. I tried running my truck with everything off and it still runs like crap. It stalls on me often and very unresponsive to throttle at times. Its been doing this for the last few days. It seem that the engine is not getting enough fuel and it is choking while driving.

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
Registered Member

that's weird... was it running like that before your testing?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
This is my new setup. I say new because the old one was not efficient and small and kept melting under the hood (s10's have no room under the hood). The 4 cells each have 3 plates gapped about 1/8". The cells are in series/parallel (2 in series). With all 4 cell going, i draw between 15-18 amps. I have not done a displacement test yet, but bubbles from the bubbler through a 5/16" hose is about 3 bubbles a sec. The bubbler feeds into a copper tube that I ran under the truck to another bubbler under the hood. You'll see that pic further down. The idea behind this setup for me was more cells, less heat. A lot of the heat issues some are having can be easily solved, in my opinion, by adding a second or even third cell. I know room is an issue. but for the price of building a second cell i think its worth it.
That's great. I did some further reading about HHo gas and found out that it takes about 2.7 watt hours to make electrically efficient. I am currently working on adding a HOD system. I'll be posting pics after.
petty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven View Post
I have since removed the copper coil. You guys have logical reasoning and there is no real evidence it works. Plus, my truck is running horrible. I have to do a bit of troubleshooting. My patience is wearing very thin with this stuff. I tried running my truck with everything off and it still runs like crap. It stalls on me often and very unresponsive to throttle at times. Its been doing this for the last few days. It seem that the engine is not getting enough fuel and it is choking while driving.

I would have your EGR valve checked, I think clogging was a known problem with those blazers.

Jetta90GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #15
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta90GL View Post
I would have your EGR valve checked, I think clogging was a known problem with those blazers.
it sure is, we have 3 Security forces 4.3L blazers, and 4 or 5 4 bangers-10s and they all have egr issues. then theres fords with their IAC...

the less throttle you give, the more mileage you get!
hi tech hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #16
Registered Member

ha... that was a long time ago... it ended up being my fuel filter. The setup is still going but i need to make something a little different so i can maintain it easier. Gas mileage has been about 28-29 MPG combined, but I'm also incorporating other fe techniques.

2001 Chevy S10 2.2 5 spd man
85,000 Miles
28-34 MPG with HHO
GasSavers_Ven is offline   Reply With Quote