Singh Grooves - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornburg View Post
Does anyone know of a readable & understandable site that talks about this? The "official" site seems to be full of technobabble and bad English.

Yes, I tried google, and I see a lot of forums, but I was hoping for a Wikipedia type "neutral" informational page written with some knowledge and reasonable readability.
I think this guy is related to Dr. Bronner of Dr. Bronner's soap. World peace mixed in with snake oil sales type banter. I LOVE IT!!!

mini-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
going backwards...
Thornbug: English doesn't have to be your first language nor do you have to be good at it (at least with that excuse) for you to be intelligent. It does help make americans think you're intelligent tho. If you want laymans terms, look at my second post.
I didn't say the guy was stupid. He could be freaking brilliant for all I know. My one and only point is that I found it very tedious and difficult to even attempt to extract useful information from that web page, and I was hoping for detailed technical information in an understandable format. Proper grammar and diction would assist with the "understandable" part.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #13
Registered Member

Quote:
My one and only point is that I found it very tedious and difficult to even attempt to extract useful information from that web page
Great intellect is great understanding of any and all information, maybe you just have to accept your limitations.

The racing forum talk about these Singh Grooves, but its members only.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
it's up and running!

the MSD coil is on the fritz so the factory coil is zip-tied to the side of the manifold LOL. Basically I get a nasty miss with it so its out till they get back to me.

the truck idles better now I think... or maybe thats just cleaning the valves and whatnot. i can idle in 4th on level ground and then floor it without lugging and practical torque in 4th is available almost down to idle. it was before too... but even more so now. I'm still putting the 1st 50 or so miles on to reawaken the ECU and burn the last bits of stray oil and cleaner out of the engine then I'll change the oil, top up the gas tank, and see how she goes.
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 AM   #15
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to kamesama980 Send a message via Yahoo to kamesama980
after many tanks... mileage wise the result is: inconclusive. however idle is more stable and I have plenty of power at 1000 rpm. I can accelerate from a dead stop to 3rd gear without using the gas (using 1st and 2nd to get there) and I have yet to have to downshift to get up a hill even carrying 1000lbs in the bed.

2 conditions of this conclusion: 1. I'm a softcore hypermiler so to speak. I do it to save on gas but It's not the sole thought while I'm driving. that means I don't usually keep the revs as low as mechanicaly possible (I shift at 2k more often than the 1.5k that's possible now) IF I were to take advantage of this, the mpgs would be more noticeable. 2. I did several other things at the same time including lapping and cleaning the valves, stopping many oil leaks, etc so this isn't proof just very strong evidence.
mechanic, carpenter, stagehand, rigger, and know-it-all smartass
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
kamesama980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamesama980 View Post
after many tanks... mileage wise the result is: inconclusive. however idle is more stable and I have plenty of power at 1000 rpm. I can accelerate from a dead stop to 3rd gear without using the gas (using 1st and 2nd to get there) and I have yet to have to downshift to get up a hill even carrying 1000lbs in the bed.

2 conditions of this conclusion: 1. I'm a softcore hypermiler so to speak. I do it to save on gas but It's not the sole thought while I'm driving. that means I don't usually keep the revs as low as mechanicaly possible (I shift at 2k more often than the 1.5k that's possible now) IF I were to take advantage of this, the mpgs would be more noticeable. 2. I did several other things at the same time including lapping and cleaning the valves, stopping many oil leaks, etc so this isn't proof just very strong evidence.
glad to hear it runs good
COMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:42 AM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to getnpsi
i think the next tests should be where you can push your timing before knock and compare it to before. at such low operating rpms with high load you'll know quickly where you stand.
getnpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:14 AM   #18
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
Quote:
The "official" site seems to be full of technobabble and bad English.
Thank you.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:52 AM   #19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnpsi View Post
i think the next tests should be where you can push your timing before knock and compare it to before. at such low operating rpms with high load you'll know quickly where you stand.
Agreed. Another question, did you leave the advance where it was? Do you still have pinging under those special conditions?

I'm glad it works, I've been afraid to post pictures of my grooving because I think it looked crazy and want to get it working first and hopefully have something good to say before I start getting that feeling of "what did I do?! oh woe!" etc etc.

But after seeing your grooves I feel a bit better, I'm glad it's working good regardless.

I went much more milder than you looking at it now. I didn't want to get too close to my HG area, staying a good 1/4-1/2" from it. So I probably won't see much of an effect.

Of course my goal is milage not testing new junk, I have no before numbers on the CRX and I also milled the head quite bit and of course cleaned the valves, etc.

But none of that matters because it'll probably never be all together again.

Notice how empty the engine bay is, and that GIANT chunk of cut wires just above the starter

There's the rest of them

itjstagame is offline   Reply With Quote