We're saving on gas... - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 04-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there
No even then they'd probably just leave it there anyway until banned by the ruling body (like tobacco advertising on formula one)

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Racing teams put their names on products from compenys that give them money to do so, if I gave them enough money they would put MY name on their car, and as long as I didn't kill anyone they would most likely leave it there untill the checks stopped.
Thank you. Yup, that's how it works at the top. It's about licensing, positioning, etc. It's the show.

Additionally, I believe that the Indy Car Series has a spec fuel that's provided within the program. There is not an option for teams to add anything to stringent technical specifications of the fuels.

Often, the fuels provided don't develop the most power, but they offer and equal playing field. Keeps the overall costs down.

Yes, some racing is more open. Not Indy Car.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
Registered Member

I'll stay with the Lube Control FP Plus that I'm using now. It works for me and it's a lot cheaper. It only costs me 3.7 cents per gallon of gas treated.
$47.50 per gallon. One ounce per ten gallons.
I've never measured the gains but when I don't use it my gas mileage takes a dump.
GasSavers_ALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I'll stay with the Lube Control FP Plus that I'm using now. It works for me and it's a lot cheaper. It only costs me 3.7 cents per gallon of gas treated.
$47.50 per gallon. One ounce per ten gallons.
I've never measured the gains but when I don't use it my gas mileage takes a dump.
FWIW I also use the stuff (they are one of the few additives that I actually "trust", in part from my own experiences, and in part from truly independent tests that have been done on the stuff).

In my experience, the help (of FP+) isn't large, but it seems to consistently help a little (which justifies it's cost to me, especially with today's gas prices). And I also noticed that my car is consistently happier with just a little lower octane (at the pump) than without that additive (which also helps the product pay for itself). And finally, FP+ does seem to follow through on its claim of keeping the fuel path a little cleaner (which is yet one more minor benefit IMHO).

And while we are at it, lets not forget using good synthetic oil and extra good oil filtration. At least with my cars, premium oil and filters seems to make even a bigger difference than the FP+ gas additive does (I use both in my car).

So in the end there isn't one magic bullet that solves all our fuel economy problems. What there is, is several things that help, that together can make a big difference when combined...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #15
Registered Member

Sooooooo

I have to add more money into my gas tank to save money? Almost like the stock market promoters!
rangerbentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:46 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemybike View Post
I thought I smelled the reek of pyramid scheme
Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 PM   #17
Registered Member

is it spam season or something? either that or I'm just getting more places to see them.

Oh, btw. DON'T POST SPAM! it makes me sick.

EDIT: I guess that I should say that if you are serious about saving gas, do tell. but the amount of info you gave really makes you reek of snake oil.
-Becoming the Archetype
thecheese429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
Registered Member

Lets be flat out realistic here: Isn't it reasonable, that if a gasoline supplier could legitimately advertise that their fuel provides a bonafide benefit to fuel economy, that they would not do it? They could even charge a premium for the fuel that splits the difference in economy improvement. If they could do that, people would buy it. So why don't they? Quite simply because they can't.

There is no magic bullet here. Oil companies would jump all over anything that actually worked. Proof is essential. Without it, this and hundreds of others products like it are snake oil.

I think, therefore I doubt.
Snax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 PM   #19
Registered Member

Bulls@*t

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbasedbiz View Post
nope- the military is currently using it overseas in their vehicles and ships. You may be familiar with the Unsers- Playa Del Racing? They believe in it so much, they proudly endorse it "on their Ethos car"

http://dwp.bigplanet.com/greenamerica/unservideo/

I know you don't know me from Adam (okay Eve ), but would the Indy Pro Series put their name out there for something bogus?

We did the initial "i don't know-I hear it works, but I want to see it for myself test" and now that we know it works, we can tell others from personal experience. I originally went into this with hopes that it would work, but no proof, and knowing there was a money back guarantee...and was pleasantly surprised
I'm in the military and have been oversea twice now and have never added anything to the fuel that we put in our equipment. Anyway, if she was suppling this product to the military she would not be trying to sell it on this site.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #20
Registered Member

Damn, and I was hoping you were gonna tell us if it worked with that special carburettor brought in a briefcase by guys in black suits...

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote