Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Experiments, Modifications and DIY (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Fuel Line Magnet Test (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f9/fuel-line-magnet-test-1388.html)

repete86 03-22-2007 12:53 PM

So SVO, ever see any difference?

lunarhighway 03-22-2007 02:56 PM

magnets...cool...

the place where i work also sells and repairs computers so recently i got a couple of broken harddisks and took out the magnets... they're surprisingly strong for their size. i think i'll arrange them around my fuel line one of these days! i admit i have little confidence they will actually work... it all sound to good to be true... on the other hand my car still has a carb... no chips sensors and injectors... by wich i mean to say is that some old tricks might not work anymore on newer cars because they have systems that do the job even better.

i agree that it's very unlikely that any molecule or whatever orientation the magnet may very well cause in the fuel will remain outside it's field of influence... and even if it does how this could improve FE greatly,but reading ELF's comment i wonder if the magnet may actually filter something out of the fuel? (which would start to accumulate near the magnet in the fuel line clogging it over time....perhaps smaller diameter fuel lines are the solution :p )

anyway... one of these days i'll try this just for the fun of it...i'd hate to miss that 1% chance this thing will actually work.... afterall wikipedia says:
"Some well known materials that exhibit easily detectable magnetic properties are nickel, iron, some steels, and the mineral magnetite; however, all materials are influenced to greater or lesser degree by the presence of a magnetic field." :D

repete86 03-22-2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 44651)
Wow, Snub was ahead of his time! Bullet shape, lrr tires, skirts... the works!

Also, notice how he never turned the AC on and was EOCing the whole time. He was one hell of a hypermiler!

onegammyleg 03-23-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclencher (Post 44598)
Have you been hibernating or what? :p

No , not hibernating , just tired of the same stoopid sh.....stuff going round and round.
For example -

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarhighway
anyway... one of these days i'll try this just for the fun of it...i'd hate to miss that 1% chance this thing will actually work..

Nothing here goes forward because the busted theories don't get discarded .
And every time things like this are brought up again it lends credence to the idea., which makes this more of a place for fairy stories than anything else.,, and I just haven't got the time for that.

VetteOwner 03-24-2007 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELF (Post 44631)
For me the best use of magnets is to put one in the pan on my auto tranny, also one on my oil filter. this keeps all the magnetic metal particles stuck in one place, instead of floating around where they can do damage.

the auto tranny should already have in in there.
:D

Silveredwings 03-24-2007 06:50 AM

Wow, I can't believe this field is still in flux, and attracting polarized viewpoints.

kps 03-24-2007 09:29 AM

Oh, the irony. I'd give my right hand to monopolize this discussion.

Bill in Houston 03-24-2007 06:52 PM

Your right hand? That rules!

kwtorbe 04-19-2007 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ELF
"For me the best use of magnets is to put one in the pan on my auto tranny, also one on my oil filter. this keeps all the magnetic metal particles stuck in one place, instead of floating around where they can do damage."

I agree with this guy ^. The rest of it sounds crazy....but those magnets to grab truck idea....hmmmm....I like that!

VetteOwner 04-20-2007 10:56 AM

lol th eonly way i see magnets doing anythign to the gas is well clogging it by collecting all the tiny metal fragments from the fuel tank/lines and causing a clog that when it gets big enough, break off and clogging the fuel filter or if you put them after the filter clogged injectors.... lol like someone else said theres nothing a magnet can do to fuel to "breakdown the fuel molecules" like i heard off some infomercial about them...