Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   So I almost died last night.... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/so-i-almost-died-last-night-4585.html)

repete86 05-21-2007 08:56 AM

Matt took care of the car yesterday. We just wanted to get over the shock of rolling down the road at 70 mph before dealing with cops asking us over and over again if we need an ambulance and asking for statements.

repete86 05-22-2007 11:01 AM

Update: I just got back from the doctor. They did some x-rays, and found that it isn't broken, but that I just pulled alot of muscles in my shoulder. I also asked her about my immortality theory. She didn't seem too keen on it.

Bill in Houston 05-22-2007 11:12 AM

Did you see the movie "Unbreakable"? Maybe you should try lifting some really heavy weights. Let us know how it goes!

Glad you are pretty much okay.

repete86 05-22-2007 12:27 PM

For some reason, I don't think that that will work too well. Being a scrawny vegan, I can't really lift too many weights.

Bill in Houston 05-22-2007 01:24 PM

That is what the guy in Unbreakable thought until he tried... :-)

repete86 05-22-2007 02:10 PM

...but I can swim.

thisisntjared 05-22-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete86 (Post 52261)
For some reason, I don't think that that will work too well. Being a scrawny vegan, I can't really lift too many weights.

what are you talking about? one of the most jacked guys i know is vegan. well he just became vegan, he used to be vegitarian. anyway, you can be vegan and be physically strong.

SVOboy 05-22-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared (Post 52309)
what are you talking about? one of the most jacked guys i know is vegan. well he just became vegan, he used to be vegitarian. anyway, you can be vegan and be physically strong.

Indeed, the guy who just recently dominated the ironman circuit is a vegan for training and things, :)

Snax 05-22-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete86 (Post 52272)
...but I can swim.

'Undrownable' then.

Assuming your friend has liability insurance on his vehicle, it makes no difference to his policy whether you seek further medical service or not. He has already done so, so don't hold back.

Glad you are alright!

JanGeo 05-22-2007 06:16 PM

WOW what a day . . . I almost get hit crossing the street a block from my office - lady with woman passenger yackity yackity crossing Bellevue pulled out crossing the main street as I was crossing the far side of the road she was on and she took off as I got half way across I saw her coming and stopped . . she kept on coming looking to the right and driving straight ahead without looking as me at all - if I had not stopped she would have run me right down - as it was she was 1 foot in front of me and didn't even see me until the driver side window was right in front of me and kept right on going.

Now on the news I hear a highschool two girls crossing a 4 lane road in Portsmouth one got hit by a cop on his way to work in a 25mph zone where usually everyone speeds. I drove right by there today twice and always go slow. Witness said she looked like she was in bad shape.