Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   '95 Red VX for sale! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/95-red-vx-for-sale-6268.html)

SVOboy 11-05-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loserkidwac (Post 79193)
I'm the Proud new owner, car is amazing just needs some more TLC and it will be back to perfect!

SVOboy I think we may have chatted on H-T before...?

We have chatted on H-T! Small world. Glad you like the car.

Why were we chatting? I forget...

smccall 11-18-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danronian (Post 79112)
We fixed the alignment on the car, fixed the one brake that had a semi-siezed slider, and next we have to tackle the e-brake cable.

This car drives amazing, but it should for only having 125k on it!

Hopefully we'll work on getting the body ready to be painted the spring, then it should be a nearly perfect VX again. He found some HX and VX wheels for it, he just needs to decide which he wants I think. THe wheels on it now probably weight about 20 lbs a piece...and are 6.5 inches wide! More traction that a VX needs in my opinion. Haha

What did you do to fix the alignment problem? I have a 95 VX that needs an alignment. If this is something I can do myself, I'm all for it.

Danronian 11-18-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccall (Post 82700)
What did you do to fix the alignment problem? I have a 95 VX that needs an alignment. If this is something I can do myself, I'm all for it.

We at first just "eye-balled" it to get the wheels straight (since they were pointing the wrong directions), and then we measured from tire to tire to get it closer. It doesn't pull now, but I think the car has a caster issue, which is something you can't really adjust without some proper tools.

Do a search for alignment on google, and you'll find a few different methods. We looked at a few, got an idea of how we should do it, and just gave some things a try.

smccall 11-19-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danronian (Post 82714)
We at first just "eye-balled" it to get the wheels straight (since they were pointing the wrong directions), and then we measured from tire to tire to get it closer. It doesn't pull now, but I think the car has a caster issue, which is something you can't really adjust without some proper tools.

Do a search for alignment on google, and you'll find a few different methods. We looked at a few, got an idea of how we should do it, and just gave some things a try.

ok, thanks

Loserkidwac 11-20-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 80223)
We have chatted on H-T! Small world. Glad you like the car.

Why were we chatting? I forget...

Hmmm...I think it may have been over and D16a6 head I was selling but not sure...

yea the alignment was eyeballed it was way out of wack visually got it closer to centered and the measured from tire to tire across the front, it made a hug difference, I plan to get the car aligned at a shop in the near future once I get my new wheels and tires on...