Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   Hey Everyone. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/hey-everyone-1923.html)

tomauto 04-13-2006 07:58 AM

searching...

Well I couldn't communicate with the e-bay seller that had the wiring harness and ecu, but I couldn't get in contact with him. I dont know if I should continue on e-bay or go to honda-tech. I dont really know what the parts should be worth so that is making it a little difficult. What should a d16y5 cylinder head be worth anyway?

Matt Timion 04-13-2006 08:09 AM

Re: searching...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomauto
Well I couldn't communicate with the e-bay seller that had the wiring harness and ecu, but I couldn't get in contact with him. I dont know if I should continue on e-bay or go to honda-tech. I dont really know what the parts should be worth so that is making it a little difficult. What should a d16y5 cylinder head be worth anyway?

I can relate to you my experience with a d15z1 cylinder head. I originally purchased one for $60 on ebay. I sold it again a few months later for $35.

The gas mileage engine parts don't have a very high demand, so you might want to lurk on honda-tech and post a few WTB ads. You can probably get it for around $50.

I think you can find an ECU for around $30-40. Once again, the low demand forces the price way down.

tomauto 04-13-2006 10:26 PM

Alright, Do you think I

Alright, Do you think I should stick with buying a new 5 wire O2 sensor? I think that would be the best even though that will be a pretty penny.

Matt Timion 04-13-2006 11:06 PM

Re: Alright, Do you think I

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomauto
Alright, Do you think I should stick with buying a new 5 wire O2 sensor? I think that would be the best even though that will be a pretty penny.

If I were you i'd try to see if someone parting out the HX engine, etc. will also part with their five wire o2 sensor for cheap. I managed to find one for $25 on honda-tech a while back. It's not as good as a new one, but it was a LOT cheaper.

I say to get it running first, and then worry about the little stuff.

molecule 04-14-2006 02:32 AM

once you have the stock

once you have the stock connector for the o2 sensor i believe you can buy the ntk wideband replacement sensors from any source and just change over the pins...should be the L1H1 sensor available from any wideband/tuning distributor...

GasSavers_Ryland 04-14-2006 05:52 AM

I've found it's worth

I've found it's worth checking www.car-parts.com when looking for parts, they are sometimes a bit more then Ebay, but also tend to be local so you save on shipping.

SVOboy 04-14-2006 07:49 AM

One of the links matt posted

One of the links matt posted about the vx head is selling a 5 wire o2 sensor.

I would not put a universal bosch type on a honda.

tomauto 04-14-2006 09:47 PM

link..

Where is that link at? I mise well start looking for parts. I want this swap finished by June 15th. (I should have 150k miles on the civic by then...

molecule 04-14-2006 10:25 PM

did i say bosch

did i say bosch universal..????
no i believe i said NTK L1H1 ...

SVOboy 04-15-2006 05:45 AM

Quote:did i say bosch

Quote:

did i say bosch universal..????
no i believe i said NTK L1H1 ...
No, I was just saying, because you can find the bosch ones for like 40 bucks and it's very tempting.