Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   1991 Honda Beat on eBay (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/1991-honda-beat-on-ebay-3805.html)

budomove 02-08-2007 11:47 AM

the ebay seller even lists these as 1980 cars, so yeah maybe that's what you should do too. the title may even say that.

budomove 02-08-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX (Post 39960)
So apparently Beat owners aren't reporting THAT great of gas mileage...

https://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=1636

Most are saying mid to high 30's. I'm hoping for WAY more than that...

Can you say "hf tranny swap"? :)

Matt Timion 02-08-2007 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budomove (Post 40135)
Can you say "hf tranny swap"? :)

Hmmm... I don't know the specifics on the Honda Beat engine, but I somehow doubt it's compatible with d-series transmissions.

GasSavers_DaX 02-08-2007 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion (Post 40138)
Hmmm... I don't know the specifics on the Honda Beat engine, but I somehow doubt it's compatible with d-series transmissions.

It is not.

I got the contact info just now, I'm going to call the guy after I get off work (45 min) and see what's up. I'll report back.

GasSavers_DaX 02-09-2007 11:25 AM

FINALLY got a company to insure me, whew! There are so many stipulations from so many companies. Here are a few reasons some of the companies wouldn't insure me:

1)I'm 25, not 26. Some companies require that you have a minimum of 10 years driving experience.

2)My daily driver is not 10 years old or newer. Lots of companies require that every licensed driver in the house has to have a registered, insured, daily driver that is 10 years old or less. Hagerty's required 5 years or less.

3)The car is not 25 years old or more.

4)The vehicle was determined to not be appreciating (wtf?).

5)Regular insurance companies freak out when you try to insure grey market vehicles. Liberty Mutual wanted TONS of paperwork to even consider insuring the car.

I ended up going with a company called Safeco. They didn't ask about my daily driver, they didn't care that I'm only 25, etc. The bad thing is they do NOT allow pleasure driving, and I have a 5,000 mile/year cap on the car. I'm just happy I'm insured. Maybe I'll switch companies in a year once I'm 26 and get on with one that allows pleasure driving.

Oh, my premium is under $300 / yr. :D

MetroMPG 02-09-2007 11:29 AM

Good news :thumbup: (I'm going to have to jump through similar hoops to get the ForkenSwift insured - as an oddball vehicle - that's what prompted me to ask.)

Weird about the pleasure driving stipulation. Don't most claims happen while commuting to work?

GasSavers_Lincoln 02-09-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX (Post 40247)
The bad thing is they do NOT allow pleasure driving, and I have a 5,000 mile/year cap on the car.

I am not recommending or condoning anything, but I know several people with mileage restrictions on their car. One option is to get a spare gauge cluster to swap in for daily driving.

GasSavers_DaX 02-09-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lincoln (Post 40253)
I am not recommending or condoning anything, but I know several people with mileage restrictions on their car. One option is to get a spare gauge cluster to swap in for daily driving.

Shhh, I might have already thought of that, but would NEVER do it because it's not right. ;)

Metro - it is registered as a show only vehicle, and "can not be driven as a daily driver." Do you catch my drift?

Silveredwings 02-09-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lincoln (Post 40253)

Cars like that are only to be test-driven and driven to shows. They may need a lot of test-driving but that's why they cap it at 5k mi.

GasSavers_DaX 02-09-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings (Post 40264)
Cars like that are only to be test-driven and driven to shows. They may need a lot of test-driving but that's why they cap it at 5k mi.

JW - will you be using classic car insurance on the Austin?