Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Fuelly Android App Update (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/fuelly-android-app-update-16199.html)

andyrobo 05-23-2014 08:58 AM

Fuelly Android App Update

1 Attachment(s)
Today we are proud to announce that Fuelly has acquired aCar, a leading Android fuel logging app.

Attachment 1575

The "fuel-up" process is the heart & soul of any fuel logging system. It should be as easy, fast, & accurate as possible to add data. Although Fuelly has a mobile optimized site, a data connection might not always be available. We want the best experience for our users, and we feel that is going to mean storing your data locally and syncing to the cloud. You should be able to edit your data from your Android, iPhone or a website.

Previously we announced that Fuelly acquired Gas Cubby the leading iOS luel logging app and this announcement now rounds out the news so we can start to integrate the apps and have a cross platform solution.

At first the name will be changed to aCar Fuelly and the old aCar logo will remain the same. We don't want people to look on their phones and not be able to find the app. With time we'll update the logo and the name will simply be the Fuelly app. There will continue to be a full featured ad supported version and an unlocker to get access to more features.

Our vision is to provide a cross platform system where users can enjoy a beautiful interface from Android to iOS and even from a mobile or traditional desktop browser. We will remain focused on making sure our fuel-up process is the most efficient possible and look forward to discussing new features with our members as we decide what else to add to our system.

Please click here for the announcement page:
https://www.fuelly.com/acar/announcement/

Kf6kmx 05-24-2014 03:37 PM

May have been in there and I didnt see it, but those of us who are paid users of the full aCar, will it continue to use our license or will we have to buy the new app once it changes over?

Thanks

RobertV 05-27-2014 07:49 AM

The unlocker will continue to work and keep the features unlocked. We are hoping to bring even more features to our upgraded members too.

eseelke 06-02-2014 07:33 AM

This is great news! As one of the first donators to Armond back in 2010, I have been using aCar for quite some time.

I just signed up for Fuelly, and the beta request, just for the syncing feature. Can't wait to try it out!

Eddie

cdnsniper827 06-05-2014 05:05 AM

Will the new aCar Fuelly app sync my previous recordings or will it only take my new recordings once its updated ?

Thanks !

GPman 06-09-2014 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 176111)
The unlocker will continue to work and keep the features unlocked. We are hoping to bring even more features to our upgraded members too.

What are " upgraded members " ? I never saw anything to get more "stuff":confused:

projektdotnet 06-09-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPman (Post 176224)
What are " upgraded members " ? I never saw anything to get more "stuff":confused:

From what I can tell they're referring to the aCar Pro Features (via ProUnlocker from Google Play or the original Pro Key from a few years ago)

andyrobo 06-09-2014 12:34 PM

projektdotnet is correct. aCar has the Pro Unlocker which unlocks provides more features for the users. Our iOS app also has a free and paid version. Our plan is to keep this same model in place and to make sure and bring as much value to the users who help support us by buying the upgrades. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a way to transfer the upgraded status from iOS to Android so if you paid for the Unlocker and get an iPad you would need to get the paid version on IOS to get all the same features. We might be able to find a solution to that but as of this moment, it seems to be a obstacle we haven't resolved yet.

projektdotnet 06-15-2014 01:29 PM

Any ETA on when Fuelly/aCar integration will begin in a visible way? I'd like to have my updates from my aCar logs to automatically update my Fuelly profile.

andyrobo 06-15-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projektdotnet (Post 176668)
Any ETA on when Fuelly/aCar integration will begin in a visible way? I'd like to have my updates from my aCar logs to automatically update my Fuelly profile.

Armond is working on the integration already but we can't provide an ETA at this time. We are deep into resolving issues related to the major backend upgrade that took place last week. Once the dust settles we'll be able to focus on the smart phone apps (we have a little team). We had to get this backend upgrade done before we could entertain any syncing with the apps so it had to be done first. Ideally we can have some type of aCar integration done by this fall but that's not a date that you can count on as it could change.

projektdotnet 06-15-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 176678)
Armond is working on the integration already but we can't provide an ETA at this time. We are deep into resolving issues related to the major backend upgrade that took place last week. Once the dust settles we'll be able to focus on the smart phone apps (we have a little team). We had to get this backend upgrade done before we could entertain any syncing with the apps so it had to be done first. Ideally we can have some type of aCar integration done by this fall but that's not a date that you can count on as it could change.

Awesome, I guess I'll do it the old fashioned way for now, glad to know that the update is planned. If I was a better dev I'd offer to help but I'm not all that great yet.

iced98lx 06-17-2014 10:36 AM

Can't wait for this, very excited!

fudgy 06-18-2014 10:26 AM

Using Samsung Galaxy S5. no option to input decimal place. Is this something specific to this app/phone combination or have others noted this?

RobertV 06-18-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fudgy (Post 176859)
Using Samsung Galaxy S5. no option to input decimal place. Is this something specific to this app/phone combination or have others noted this?

Please take a look at this Sticky:
https://www.fuelly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16317

24601 08-25-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 176678)

Any updates?

andyrobo 08-26-2014 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24601 (Post 178675)
Any updates?

No official date can be provided because we don't want to set a date, miss it and have disappointed drivers. We are working on everything as diligently as possible and still hope to get a new version out (that's integrated) later this year. Here is an overview of what we have been working on so you can see all the little things that need to be handled before so we can connect all the dots.

1) We launched our new backend platform in mid-June. We spent a couple months getting settled, squashing bugs and have now started work on new end points for our API. aCar and GasCubby both allow drivers to capture more data then Fuelly did so we have to build out our backend systems to handle these data points and then make sure the API is working just perfectly so the apps can work through them.

2) We launch a new version of the GasTracker+ app for iOS which has provided a lot of data which has helped us identify various issues. We have been removing bugs and working to develop the app so it can be the foundation for final iOS app which we hope to launch in beta next month.

3) Armond has been working to prepare aCar to sync with Fuelly via our APIs in preparation for a future release that will sync. We are also working on UI enhancements to give aCar a more modern and polished look that will more closely resemble our iOS app as well. It's our goal that users will be able to switch from iOS & Android without having to learn a while new setup, we want the apps to function similarly when possible. We plan to evolve the products slowly so it will take many releases before they are nearly identical.

Armond and his wife also welcomed their first child into their family a few weeks ago so we've encouraged him to take as much time as needed to enjoy this special time in their lives. The funny thing is he's still finding time to work between diaper changes and all the other new duties he's got. I guess that's a big benefit of working from home!

I know it can be frustrating as an end user to not see tangible changes but please keep in mind we are doing a LOT of work behind the scenes. This will enable us to get in a position so we can iterate more quickly in the future and publish updates on a more regular basis.

24601 08-28-2014 05:39 AM

Coming from a database/application development background, I understand and appreciate the amount of planning and back-end work required to bring a major revamp such as this to fruition. As a user of both Acar and Fuelly, this is on my radar.

Xenius 09-04-2014 03:22 AM

Just saw this news. As a recent convert to android I can't wait for the integration! I've downloaded aCar but will likely hold off really doing a deep dive until it's fully integrated with fuelly.com.

Love the site, been using it since purchasing my current car in August '14. Cheers!

brettl 10-01-2014 10:22 AM

Will the Fuelly API be public? It would be great if other apps (Fuelio?) could log fill ups to Fuelly.

StefanOJ 10-03-2014 01:20 AM

Has the integration been done? How do I import my aCar records into Fuelly?

jeff174 10-20-2014 08:55 AM

acar to Iphone

Hello, I have been using the free version of acar for a while now. I have recently moved to an iphone. What are my options for getting my data into an app on the iphone and which app?

RobertV 10-20-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff174 (Post 180055)
Hello, I have been using the free version of acar for a while now. I have recently moved to an iphone. What are my options for getting my data into an app on the iphone and which app?

You can export your data to a CSV and import it into Fuelly.com and use our current iOS app- GasTracker while we finish up the integration with Gas Cubby.

jeff174 10-20-2014 07:26 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply.
How do I create a csv file on the free version of acar?

RobertV 10-20-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff174 (Post 180064)
Thank you for your prompt reply.
How do I create a csv file on the free version of acar?

Launch aCar on your phone/tablet.
Go to Import/Export Center and Export Records.
You're given the option to Search&Filter. Fuelly will only recognize one vehicle per CSV file. So if you have more than one vehicle, you'll be exporting the data from each into separate files.

jeff174 10-21-2014 10:40 AM

When I try to do that, it gives a pop up window telling me that this feature only works in the pro version?

RobertV 10-22-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff174 (Post 180080)
When I try to do that, it gives a pop up window telling me that this feature only works in the pro version?

Ah, I guess I glossed over where you mentioned you had the free version. Sorry, you would need the Pro version to export.

jeff174 10-26-2014 05:40 AM

I got my back up from acar, went to gas tracker web site and looked up how to import this information. It says to email it to myself the file and open the email on the phone that I have the gas tracker app installed and click and hold on the attachement. This does nothing.

How do I get the back up into gas tracker?

RobertV 10-27-2014 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff174 (Post 180172)
I got my back up from acar, went to gas tracker web site and looked up how to import this information. It says to email it to myself the file and open the email on the phone that I have the gas tracker app installed and click and hold on the attachement. This does nothing.

How do I get the back up into gas tracker?

GasTracker website?
Can you please link me to where you're reading these steps?

GasTracker is a screen-scraping app that pulls the data directly from Fuelly.com, so for any kind of import to be done, it must be imported into Fuelly.

MikeWest 10-27-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 178702)
We are also working on UI enhancements to give aCar a more modern and polished look that will more closely resemble our iOS app as well. It's our goal that users will be able to switch from iOS & Android without having to learn a while new setup, we want the apps to function similarly when possible. We plan to evolve the products slowly so it will take many releases before they are nearly identical.

PLEASE don't ignore the Android design guidelines and try to make the new aCar interface a copy of Apple. Android users don't want to use something that looks like an iSomething interface, that is going back in time and would be worse than staying with the current interface.

AWIZRD 11-15-2014 06:28 AM

I realize that there isn't a firm release date, but is there beta versions available? I'm an avid user of ACAR on Note3, and have recently purchased the iPhone6....So essentially, I live in both worlds....LoL! - Would definitely be open to beta testing on IOS

RobertV 11-15-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWIZRD (Post 180385)
I realize that there isn't a firm release date, but is there beta versions available? I'm an avid user of ACAR on Note3, and have recently purchased the iPhone6....So essentially, I live in both worlds....LoL! - Would definitely be open to beta testing on IOS

You can sign up for Beta testing at the bottom of this page- https://www.fuelly.com/acar/announcement/

AWIZRD 11-15-2014 08:18 PM

Yep...already signed up :-)

eseelke 11-18-2014 05:23 AM

I just signed up for the beta too!

There was no option for Android 5.0, so I had to choose I don't know.

edukee 12-08-2014 02:23 AM

I also have v 5.0, but put 4.4 .

disjaukifa 01-30-2015 09:46 AM

I just signed up as well! Can't wait to see it!

Thanks
Grant

lyon_o 02-21-2015 06:26 AM

Any news?

Hi!! u have any news about this? when you'll announce the integration? Thanks!!!

tcaggie24 02-26-2015 07:16 AM

I used aCar for years. Before that I used Gas Cubby. My adroid phone broke and I had to switch to my old iPhone. No more aCar. Now Cubby and aCar are owned by one company. Hopefully some day they will be able to share data. I have backed up aCar files that are of no use. At least when I went from Cubby to aCar I was able to transfer date with help from the aCar developer.

Is there any plan for these programs to be compatible? Why doesn't the online "Dashboard" for Fuelly not allow for service records? Hopefully it does and I just can't find it.

RobertV 02-26-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyon_o (Post 182020)
Hi!! u have any news about this? when you'll announce the integration? Thanks!!!

No set date to report just yet! However, I expect some major announcements in the coming months. :coolsmiley:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcaggie24 (Post 182100)
I used aCar for years. Before that I used Gas Cubby. My adroid phone broke and I had to switch to my old iPhone. No more aCar. Now Cubby and aCar are owned by one company. Hopefully some day they will be able to share data. I have backed up aCar files that are of no use. At least when I went from Cubby to aCar I was able to transfer date with help from the aCar developer.

Is there any plan for these programs to be compatible? Why doesn't the online "Dashboard" for Fuelly not allow for service records? Hopefully it does and I just can't find it.

Unfortunately GasCubby was never built with an import function. However, if you backed up your aCar data to CSV you can (with a little tweaking/formatting) import the fuel-up data into Fuelly.com if you haven't already.

Regarding no Service Tracking on Fuelly, yes, this is one reason why we haven't been able to just sync aCar (or Gas Cubby for that matter) to Fuelly.com... yet. We'll be able to integrate the three products together very, very soon.

Curtdragon 03-13-2015 08:21 AM

This is taking forever.... I'm sure there were some good features including cloud backup that were not implemented because of this purchase. Now it's been several months since anything has been done. This happened with Touchdown email. I hope the same doesn't happen here

Alfa_Rover 03-14-2015 08:42 AM

I recently switched from Gas Cubby (iOS) to aCar (Droid). I it is killing me not being able to import two years across 4 vehicles onto my new device. Odd how aCar has an icon to import Gas Cubby data from an iOS platform. I am considering manual input of old data at this point, or just keeping a paper copy of the old stuff and working forward with aCar.