Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Car wrecked. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/car-wrecked-2208.html)

Compaq888 05-27-2006 07:44 PM

Car wrecked.

https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...3fe8699da9.jpg
https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...ef39ca089c.jpg
https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...014bfced59.jpg
https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...47049cb41b.jpg
https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...c71ae3877f.jpg

Wasn't my fault. Involved crooked cops and crooked track officials.

SVOboy 05-27-2006 07:46 PM

Well that certainly sucks, but it looks like you can just pick up a fender and slap it on there with some paint, thank goodness it wasn't the rear quarter!

Compaq888 05-27-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Well that certainly sucks, but it looks like you can just pick up a fender and slap it on there with some paint, thank goodness it wasn't the rear quarter!

I was thinking the same thing. The way I have it worked out is the guy that hit me will do the labor and the paint job. Hopefully he doesn't screw me. I already ordered a fender and corner light.

I can't open the door till this gets fixed, the car drove home normal.

philmcneal 05-27-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
I was thinking the same thing. The way I have it worked out is the guy that hit me will do the labor and the paint job. Hopefully he doesn't screw me. I already ordered a fender and corner light.

I can't open the door till this gets fixed, the car drove home normal.

wow glad your okay dude. Too bad it didn't allow you to get a new car ;)

Compaq888 05-27-2006 11:14 PM

Damage will not be covered by insurance. Once you're at a track anything that happens to the car the insurance is voided. Have to pay out of my own pocket even though it wasn't my fault.

MetroMPG 05-28-2006 07:24 AM

Details! What exactly happened?

It's certainly not as bad as I was expecting from the thread title.

My initial response on reading the title: "Hmmmm... he's OK, or else he wouldn't be posting. Maybe if his car is wrecked, he'll replace it with one with a manual transmission!"

Compaq888 05-28-2006 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG

It's certainly not as bad as I was expecting from the thread title.

My initial response on reading the title: "Hmmmm... he's OK, or else he wouldn't be posting. Maybe if his car is wrecked, he'll replace it with one with a manual transmission!"

trust me, if my car got totalled at the track I would of been given zip. I'm lucky to even get hit like that where only the fender and the corner light is messed up.

MetroMPG 05-28-2006 07:44 AM

I want details, man! What happened? Were you lapping? Drag racing? Did the guy run into it while it was parked? What was the other guy driving? Details!

tomauto 05-28-2006 12:06 PM

crackhead

I would be furious to say the least. How bad was the hood damaged?

thisisntjared 05-28-2006 07:10 PM

dude, its a really good thing your alright!

however,
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG

were you turning left or right?

Terrh 05-28-2006 10:01 PM

just a minor fender bender from the pictures! Hardly "wrecked".

I think that the scuff on the door will come out since it doesn't appear to be into the paint at all, but it's so hard to tell with pictures.

Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have to paint the door too! hehe

Compaq888 05-29-2006 01:58 AM

I will post some details soon.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 02:10 AM

I was waiting in line on the track and a dragster back up into me. He sprung an oil leak and they wouldn't let him run. So they told him to go in reverse while I was standing parallel to him. They saw me standing close, because they told me to drive right up there. He couldn't see anything or hear because his car was a dragster. So they basically told him to back up right into me. After he hit me I got out the car and the announcer and the white trash started shouting that I hit my mom's car and that I have to tell my mom now. I yelled back that it was in fact my car and I bought it. The announcer shut up but then the white trash started shouting it was my sister's car.

After that the track officials told us nicely to get the **** out. They said we don't cover any accidents and they didn't want to hear anything. The track officials caused this thing, it was a cop who directed where I should be and directed the dragster to back up into me. He said he wasn't at fault. The cops were even there but nobody came up to us.

The track is Irwindale Speedway, the same place that hosts the D1 drifting events and is sometimes in monster garage episodes.

I have been at the Fontana track numerous times and I have never seen this kind of behavior. Even when somebody crashed they didn't make fun of anybody. This is the track fault this crash happened and they should pay for it. They shouldn't get away with crashing people's cars.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomauto
I would be furious to say the least. How bad was the hood damaged?

not that bad but it will have a huge crease after it gets fixed.

MetroMPG 05-30-2006 06:38 AM

Quote:

white trash started shouting that I hit my mom's car and that I have to tell my mom now. I yelled back that it was in fact my car and I bought it. The announcer shut up but then the white trash started shouting it was my sister's car.

Holy vicious crowd, Batman. Good thing I didn't show up with my Firefly - I guess I never would have lived it down.

Thanks for the accident report though.

thisisntjared 05-30-2006 07:01 AM

this is rediculous

bro i would make sure a lot of people hear about this because it is totally uncalled for. i would make bad press for the track and everything too.

ownership of the car is COMPLETELY irrelevant! it is still damaged! go to the press or something to go real public with this. i cant believe they are such jerks!!!! i still dont understand how they would start saying it wasnt your car?!?!

did the driver say anything? who do you mean by white trash? and by announcer you mean the guy on the loud speaker over the loud speaker or in person?

yo im pissed about this now and i know if something like this ever happened to me or any of my friends, we would all boycott the track until something was done for reconciliation.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisntjared
this is rediculous

bro i would make sure a lot of people hear about this because it is totally uncalled for. i would make bad press for the track and everything too.

ownership of the car is COMPLETELY irrelevant! it is still damaged! go to the press or something to go real public with this. i cant believe they are such jerks!!!! i still dont understand how they would start saying it wasnt your car?!?!

did the driver say anything? who do you mean by white trash? and by announcer you mean the guy on the loud speaker over the loud speaker or in person?

yo im pissed about this now and i know if something like this ever happened to me or any of my friends, we would all boycott the track until something was done for reconciliation.

You know the announcer sits in a small building with a huge glass window so he can see what kind of car that is. He also talks on the loud speaker and if you tune to channel 104.7 you can hear him. White trash as in a bunch of white old guys yelling stuff to me that it belongs to my mom.

I can't just call the news, they would find this situation boring. It wouldn't be interesting unless I lost an extremety or a gun fight or some huge fight broke out. If you want to spread it go ahead. Make sure you give the track's number so the people could call in and complain about it.

Main: (626) 358-1100

Compaq888 05-30-2006 07:35 AM

I just talked to the guy that crashed into me, he agreed to do the labor and paint it. He told me that at the track. He told me I also have to buy paint. He told me he will go with me and we will pick up paint. Great, now it's paint too. I just hope he paints the door too.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 07:41 AM

I feel very screwed by the situation. The track got away with everything. The guy that hit me only got a few scratches, and I'm left with a ****ed up car. I feel the need to shoot some people.:mad:

thisisntjared 05-30-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

I just talked to the guy that crashed into me, he agreed to do the labor and paint it. He told me that at the track. He told me I also have to buy paint. He told me he will go with me and we will pick up paint. Great, now it's paint too. I just hope he paints the door too.

that is stand up character right there!!! what an amazing guy! bro make sure you thank him time and time again

never go to that track again.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

that is stand up character right there!!! what an amazing guy! bro make sure you thank him time and time again

never go to that track again.

So he is not screwing me???

psyshack 05-30-2006 09:59 AM

You where at a track. I think your coming out real good. Reguardless of the situation or the players in it.

thisisntjared 05-30-2006 10:46 AM

if hes doing more than he legally has to then yes, he is not screwing you. paint is cheap and so is a new fender. you might want to pick up a fresh hood though...

anyway, labor will double the cost. remember, your frame is not bent, alignment is still good, and the car still goes forward. the damage is only cosmetic.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

if hes doing more than he legally has to then yes, he is not screwing you. paint is cheap and so is a new fender. you might want to pick up a fresh hood though...

anyway, labor will double the cost. remember, your frame is not bent, alignment is still good, and the car still goes forward. the damage is only cosmetic.

He is not at fault, the only reason he hit me was because he was directed wrong. I'm not at fault either. He is doing the labor himself. So if he is doing labor and painting he's doing more than he's suppose to??

I don't even have the money for the corner light and the fender, much a hood. Unless somebody donates me a hood It'll be crooked.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyshack
You where at a track. I think your coming out real good. Reguardless of the situation or the players in it.

I wasn't on the actual track, I was in line to get on it.

Matt Timion 05-30-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

So if he is doing labor and painting he's doing more than he's suppose to??

Considering he is legally obligated to do absolutely nothing, I'd say he's doing more than he's supposed to.

Compaq888 05-30-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Considering he is legally obligated to do absolutely nothing, I'd say he's doing more than he's supposed to.

I'm definetly then going to have him sign a paper stating that the work is free. I might come back and he can charge me a grip.

Compaq888 06-01-2006 03:44 PM

he screwed me. He wants money. I'm taking the car to body shop.

Compaq888 06-01-2006 10:23 PM

The pillar is bent that holds the door and the fender. So is the piece of frame that holds the frame that is horizontal. The door will be repainted, the hood will be bent back, the pillar will have to be straightened out. The new fender will have to color matched to the rest of the car, new turn signal/corner light.

The parts are $100, plus some more that the body shop has to purchase. The estimate was $600. So basically I got ****ed by the track officials, and the guy that hit me. Now I have to repair my own car for $700 because a cop decided to make another car crash into mine as a bad joke.

thisisntjared 06-02-2006 07:54 AM

i say pick up a cheap crx.

Compaq888 06-02-2006 08:14 AM

Quote:

i say pick up a cheap crx.

And what am I suppose to do with this car?? If I don't fix this stuff it will start rusting. I installed a grounding kit and a couple of months later saw rust forming in the engine bay. If I get rust on my fender and door then it will cost me more later.

Compaq888 06-02-2006 08:51 AM

also should I wash the car before I drop it off?? I haven't washed the car since last year. I'm suppose to drop off the car Monday.

krousdb 06-02-2006 08:59 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but why does one go to a track? It sounds awfully expensive.

Compaq888 06-02-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
Forgive my ignorance, but why does one go to a track? It sounds awfully expensive.

One goes to the track because they can race legally and test out how the car is doing. Also it shows how good the driver is.

Once you go to the track you sign a waiver, if anything happens to you or your car nobody is responsible. The problem I have with this is I'm cool with that Idea of the waiver but if people are crashing cars on purpose then they are abusing the waiver.

thisisntjared 06-02-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

it costs $10 and its fun to excercise your neck muscles:p

i guess its expensive if you go to a crappy track with a bunch of dirt bags.

anyway, c-paq, you buy the crx for uber cheap and forget aboutthe altima entirely. it may seem like too much of a gamble now, but later on down the road youll be happy you made the switch. maybe you should get an old school corolla or something.

what was your best run in the to date altima btw?

krousdb 06-02-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

One goes to the track because they can race legally and test out how the car is doing. Also it shows how good the driver is.

Hmmmm. So let me get this straight..... You use gas to get there. You pay money to get in. You sign a waiver that invalidates your insurance coverage. You proceed to do things that could possibly damage your car. Your car can be damaged by another car, which has no insurance either. You use more gas. All this to test how the car is doing and how good of a driver you are?

Hard as I try, I just can't rationalize the idea of going to the track.

I suck.:(

Compaq888 06-02-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Hmmmm. So let me get this straight..... You use gas to get there. You pay money to get in. You sign a waiver that invalidates your insurance coverage. You proceed to do things that could possibly damage your car. Your car can be damaged by another car, which has no insurance either. You use more gas. All this to test how the car is doing and how good of a driver you are?

Sometimes it's worth the risk, but this is definetly done on purpose that is why I'm really mad.

Jared the fast time to date is 15.7 spraying a 75 shot. The header was stock. The only things were on the car was intake, 75 shot, and MSD to retard timing on the shot.

thisisntjared 06-02-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

All this to test how the car is doing and how good of a driver you are?

c-pac forgot to mention that its fun. some like it and some dont. it is more fun when your car is faster.

15.7 is pretty good for a low reving auto 4banger. a 75 shot is really ballsey, i b scrrrd to spray my car

Compaq888 06-02-2006 07:22 PM

Quote:

c-pac forgot to mention that its fun. some like it and some dont. it is more fun when your car is faster.

15.7 is pretty good for a low reving auto 4banger. a 75 shot is really ballsey, i b scrrrd to spray my car

that's why I had the MSD box with retard. As soon as my nitrous sprayed it retard the timing. I could of gone with a 50 shot but it only gave me 16.2 at the track. I barely hooked with a 75 shot. The one was a lucky run. The tires didn't want to hook up till 3rd gear. The 15.7 run I sprayed from about 2.5k, If I had slicks I would of sprayed from the launch and would of definetly made a high 14's run. The slicks lower time and so does spraying the nitrous even earlier.

thisisntjared 06-02-2006 07:27 PM

see now if you had a clutch you wouldnt have trouble at all. where do you launch? usually nitrous boosts the super low rpms torque through the roof and doesnt aid much in the higher rpms, but that varies from car to car. i know thats the general rule of thumb with our 4bangers. you could try spraying later in 1st gear if you were having that much trouble off the line. whats the 60'? and whats the best n/a run?