Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   over unity electric engine - your thoughts (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/over-unity-electric-engine-your-thoughts-2527.html)

molecule 07-20-2006 12:03 PM

over unity electric engine - your thoughts

i've been bedazzled by some torrent downloads on free energy
basic over-unity motors from 5-350 horsepower

the website listed in the pdf file is
www.fuellesspower.com
though i haven't visited yet

the idea has me churning that i could use electromagnets on my pistons
and bore out the combustion chambers to make more room

the idea of over-unity is harnessing energy from space and being able to 'create' more than you are given

though one end of the theory makes it impossible to achieve
the other end basically wins by summarizing the losses into a realm of negative energy...or something like that...
at least from what i have read/heard so far

but it definately has been and is being achieved
basic electric motors run on high power impulse moments from charged capacitors...
the capacitors receive their charge from inverted dc voltage to ac...
then the ac is filtered for positive square waves and amplified to over 10kv
the capacitors store the high voltage/low amp source and release it as high voltage/high amperage moments which are used to 'fire' the electromagnets
you can easily see the work created spinning the electromagnets shaft
there is also 'back emf' created which carries a significant amount of energy which can be harnessed as well

krousdb 07-20-2006 02:12 PM

I first learned about free energy a few years ago. My first reaction was disbelief due to the conservation of energy principle. But my assumption was that energy was being created from nothing, which is not the case if you study the details long enough. What is being claimed is that the extra energy that you end up with is basically converted from a form of energy that was previously unuseable. Therefore, my mind is open to the possibility...

Matt Timion 07-20-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
I first learned about free energy a few years ago. My first reaction was disbelief due to the conservation of energy principle. But my assumption was that energy was being created from nothing, which is not the case if you study the details long enough. What is being claimed is that the extra energy that you end up with is basically converted from a form of energy that was previously unuseable. Therefore, my mind is open to the possibility...

I used to be more open to stuff like this, until I compared these things to the gas pills, or the tornado.

Think of it this way. Free energy would be the single greatest invention in the history of mankind. It would end pollution, hunger, and the depleation of natural resources.

If someone really COULD do this, wouldn't it get more news coverage than, say, anything? Oil monopolies wouldn't be able to prevent this from getting out. It would be too big of a discovery. The Men in Black wouldn't be able to stop anyone.

So when one guy with a small website claims to want to sell you plans to build the greatest invention ever created, I'm a bit skeptical.

krousdb 07-20-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Think of it this way. Free energy would be the single greatest invention in the history of mankind. It would end pollution, hunger, and the depleation of natural resources.

True, but in the wrong hands, it could be apocalyptic.

Food for thought....

JanGeo 07-20-2006 02:58 PM

Yeah great just what we need more energy aka heat on an already overheated world. Those guys in the pulse motor group are playing with coils and tuned circuits and meters that can't possibly measure the energy they actually put into the motors to keep them running and meters when exposed to high pulse energy of certain frequencies can give all sorts of erronious readings so they can't even read power in and out.

Mighty Mira 07-20-2006 03:13 PM

Coming soon to a website near you...

The free lunch engine!

It was going to solve world hunger, only the big food conglomerates bought it out. Plans only $59.95.

Mighty Mira 07-20-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion

Another thing is... if the guy really has produced his own perpetual motion machine (even if it is tapping supposedly unlimited cosmic energy of some kind), he doesn't need to make money selling plans on the internet. He can just hook it up to the power grid and get paid for the power. As he makes money from that, he can create more and more devices, not stopping until he is the richest man in the world. Until he can afford security, he can put a few solar panels on the roof in case anyone gets suspicious.

And it's not as if I won't entertain a good conspiracy theory. Conspiracy is the rule rather than the exception in history, but that's another story for another time.

GasSavers_maxc 07-20-2006 05:25 PM

Free energy

My favorite subject!! I had friend that worked on this stuff for the government. But I only type 15 words a minute it would take forever:p It would not be a myth anymore by the time I got done:)

Sludgy 07-21-2006 07:37 AM

I'm working to extend Gulliver's experiment to extract moonbeams from cucumbers. Any donation would be greatly appreciated.

molecule 07-23-2006 07:43 AM

just remember this is the same kind of stuff people said about all the greatest inventions of our time

hello

molecule 07-27-2006 09:14 AM

so

lets say i want 250hp
hp x 745.2 = watts
250 x 745.2 = 186,300 watts

divided by 20 amps gives = 9315 volts roughly

that sounds easily achievable
how effiecient are electromagnets...?

Sludgy 07-27-2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molecule
so

lets say i want 250hp
hp x 745.2 = watts
250 x 745.2 = 186,300 watts

divided by 20 amps gives = 9315 volts roughly

that sounds like a stock ignition system to me
though i'm still waiting to confirm how much amperage is seen across a typical spark plug in a honda ignition system

Let's do a few calculations:

186300 watts x 3.314 = 636,028 BTU/hr. A typical room air conditioner cools 6000. BTU/hr. So this unit would be sucking heat energy out of the room equivlaent to 100 room air conditioners? This motor is a hoax.

Amperage in a spark plug wire is extremely high for microsecond pulses, but the average amperage is a LOT less than 20. There might be that much in to coil, but not in the plug wires. If you had 9000 volts and enough resistance to limit current to 20 amps, a plug wire would melt.

The Toecutter 07-27-2006 10:37 AM

I'll believe this free energy BS when I can duplicate its claims in a lab on a frequent and repeatable basis.

Mighty Mira 07-27-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
I'll believe this free energy BS when I can duplicate its claims in a lab on a frequent and repeatable basis.

Thank you.

molecule 07-27-2006 02:49 PM

yeah...its worth trying

Silveredwings 07-27-2006 04:59 PM

I bet there's one of these hoaxes born every minute. On the other hand, Exxon-Mobil is making $1,300 in profit every second. I wonder how that could be true if energy is free.

Mighty Mira 07-27-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveredwings
On the other hand, Exxon-Mobil is making $1,300 in profit every second. I wonder how that could be true if energy is free.

Are you saying that the oil companies would never let an over-unity electric energy engine go into production?

SVOboy 07-27-2006 06:42 PM

I think he's saying that they'd be bust in a few months if someone came out with a free energy system and that if it did exist someone with the knowledge would stop at nothing to bring it to market.

Mighty Mira 07-27-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
I think he's saying that they'd be bust in a few months if someone came out with a free energy system and that if it did exist someone with the knowledge would stop at nothing to bring it to market.

Not to mention a big hot spot visible where all this energy is eventually converted to heat...

The fact that the idea of a perpetual motion machine (over unity) is hundreds of years old and the most attempted patent, not to mention the fact that the top physicists in the world have at best converted mass into energy through nuclear fission/fusion, tells me that some guy in his backyard is highly unlikely to come up with this.

What is possible though is decreasing load at speed requirements of a vehicle through aerodynamics, and decreasing stop/go energy requirements through battery storage. This means that we can achieve a practical vehicle that doesn't cost much and costs virtually nothing to run. It's there, and the physics, battery and supercapacitor technology is already invented.

The Toecutter 07-27-2006 11:57 PM

If such a device were ever made, you can bet your *** the oilies would be right in line to surpress it. They've already done it with previous advancements on a rather consistent basis.

Mighty Mira 07-28-2006 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
If such a device were ever made, you can bet your *** the oilies would be right in line to surpress it. They've already done it with previous advancements on a rather consistent basis.

While that is true, if anyone can make one of these devices in his backyard, it's a ticket to untold billions of dollars. If it were patentable, people would be producing them at home, setting up shop as producers of electricity.

Perpetual motion machines have been tried as much as alchemy and with as much effect. And there is good indication that neither has succeeded, gold is $630/ounce and for energy, there are sites like this very one. Both are such literal pots of gold that anyone worth their salt has attempted it.

But there is the next best thing, solar and wind power (also from the sun, indirectly), both from the virtually limitless font of energy many miles away. Configure your house correctly, build an appropriate car and you are effectively off the grid.

The Toecutter 07-28-2006 01:12 AM

Quote:

But there is the next best thing, solar and wind power (also from the sun, indirectly), both from the virtually limitless font of energy many miles away. Configure your house correctly, build an appropriate car and you are effectively off the grid.
Wind electricity, solar electricity, battery electric cars, precisely what that industry has helped stall on repeated, documented occassions... Add in industrial hemp as well.

Sludgy 07-28-2006 06:16 AM

This site has been great. Recently, however, there has been much discussion of conspiracies and thermodynamic impossibilities... perpetual motion machines. This dilutes the really good work that has been going on.

If people want to talk about such nonsense, they have the right, but can we move these threads to a separate "moonbat" thread?

Matt, can you intervene here?

GasSavers_DaX 07-28-2006 06:49 AM

I think it's funny that the ONLY kind of invention that the US Patent Office still requires a working model of to file for a patent is any type of over unity system.

SVOboy 07-28-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sludgy
This site has been great. Recently, however, there has been much discussion of conspiracies and thermodynamic impossibilities... perpetual motion machines. This dilutes the really good work that has been going on.

If people want to talk about such nonsense, they have the right, but can we move these threads to a separate "moonbat" thread?

Matt, can you intervene here?

I'm not particularly a fan of "conspiracy theories" but if someone searches it on google and comes here where everyone says BS than that's find with me. Deleting threads that seem ridiculous in the first place is just going to leave us more ignorant than before.

molecule 07-28-2006 10:31 AM

i'm definately not trying to create or promote over-unity as anything less or more of the great ideas shared on this site...

oil was discovered in a back yard in pennsylvania
nuf said

you got to be dirty before you can get clean
otherwise there is no reference

GasSavers_maxc 07-28-2006 11:47 AM

The magnetic field comes from the "current" or the "wire"? In a electromagnet.

vegasjetskier 07-28-2006 04:33 PM

Over Unity Idea

Here's an Over Unity Idea: build a PhotoVoltaic (PV) cell plant. Make enough PVs to power the plant and hook 'em up. Voila! Now you are making more "free energy" PVs using "free" energy. Build some arrays and hook 'em up to the grid, selling the power. Now you have $$ to purchase the materials to make the PVs and the process is self-sustaining. "Something" from "nothing."

Blue skies,

Patrick

SVOboy 07-28-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasjetskier
Here's an Over Unity Idea: build a PhotoVoltaic (PV) cell plant. Make enough PVs to power the plant and hook 'em up. Voila! Now you are making more "free energy" PVs using "free" energy. Build some arrays and hook 'em up to the grid, selling the power. Now you have $$ to purchase the materials to make the PVs and the process is self-sustaining. "Something" from "nothing."

Blue skies,

Patrick

Too cute!

vegasjetskier 07-28-2006 05:03 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that the power source really is "energy from space." :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Too cute!

SVOboy 07-28-2006 05:08 PM

I knew the martians had something they were holding back from us all these years.

GasSavers_maxc 07-28-2006 06:46 PM

They live over there and here.

molecule 07-28-2006 11:38 PM

yeah thats the hardest thing i have convincing all my clients too
must be relatives
cant see the forest from the trees

molecule 08-01-2006 06:01 PM

what do you get when you connect high voltage/low amp power to low volt/high amp power in parallel or whatever...?

vegasjetskier 08-01-2006 07:22 PM

The voltage pushes the amperage, so the high voltage side will win. What are you trying to accomplish? :confused:

Quote:

what do you get when you connect high voltage/low amp power to low volt/high amp power in parallel or whatever...?

molecule 08-02-2006 07:00 AM

what do you mean wins...?

lets say i have 35A/5.5volts & 35mA/11kV
and then i connect both power lines together

vegasjetskier 08-02-2006 08:04 AM

Voltage is like water pressure. It pushes the amperage (water) through the wire (hose). If you connect a high voltage line to a low voltage line, the high voltage circuit will overcome the low voltage circuit and electricity will flow backwards through the low voltage circuit.

What are you trying to do and why would you connect these two lines together?

:confused:

Quote:

what do you mean wins...?

lets say i have 35A/5.5volts & 35mA/11kV
and then i connect both power lines together

molecule 08-02-2006 12:37 PM

deja vu...again

alright...well looks like i need to do some physical tests
maybe a diode so energy can flow in one direction

vegasjetskier 08-02-2006 01:25 PM

So do you want to have a serious discussion or are you just trolling? :rolleyes:

What are you trying to accomplish and why do you want to connect those two circuits together?

Quote:

deja vu...again

alright...well looks like i need to do some physical tests
maybe a diode so energy can flow in one direction

vegasjetskier 08-02-2006 01:28 PM

The magnetic field is generated by the current flowing through the wire in an electromagnet. You need both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxc
The magnetic field comes from the "current" or the "wire"? In a electromagnet.