Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   '95 Red VX for sale! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/95-red-vx-for-sale-6268.html)

whychug 10-02-2007 10:19 AM

'95 Red VX for sale!

Well I finally got my insight, so the VX has gotta go. Its 1995 VX with just under 125k miles. The body is ok, I'd give it a B ( spot of pass rear wheel rust, front turn signal doesn't work). The original wheels have already been sold, so an aftermarket set will go with the car- I've been driving on the these and still get 50 mpg mixed driving, with 55 mpg mostly highway. Interior is in great condition with the only flaw being a tear in the drivers seat bolster. Recent O2 sensor ( genuine honda part replacement) change. Rear brakes squeek and parking brake may need cable tightening. This has been my daily driver for over a year now, but I stepped up to IMA so anybody out there want my VX? Asking 2,000. Call me for faster response- 201-615-5146. Car is located in Annapolis MD.

whychug 10-06-2007 07:27 AM

C'mon guys...Its gotta go- make a reasonable offer and its yours! I'd rather see it sell to one of the site members rather than go the EBAY route and people ask me how much it weighs and what the 1/4 mile et can be...

1993CivicVX 10-06-2007 07:38 AM

I may be interested. Why did you sell the VX wheels? Post some pics on here. Undercarriage pics and pics of the engine bay as well as the body and interior. thanks.

Danronian 10-08-2007 12:26 PM

Post some pics. I may know someone interested semi locally.

whychug 10-09-2007 08:27 AM

Can you advise how to go about posting pictures? I have some that I can be emailed to interested parties if that is easier than posting to the message board.

1993CivicVX 10-09-2007 08:48 AM

send some pics to chesterules@yahoo.com thanks!

When you make a post on the forums, right above the area where you type your post are a bunch of buttons or little thumbnails that allow you to format your writing or add pictures. If you click on the yellow square thumbnail that has mountains and a little sun, that will enable you to post pictures into your post. You will need to upload them somewhere first, though. www.imageshack.com is a website that allows you to upload pictures for free and then you can copy and paste the url of the uploaded photo on that site into the picture upload form on this site when making your post. Hope that isn't too confusing. If you like, I can post them on here after you email them to em.

1993CivicVX 10-09-2007 08:49 AM

I'd prefer not to take a risk on the rust so if you can get detailed pictures of areas that are rusting or about to rust that would be very helpful.

whychug 10-12-2007 07:49 AM

To those that asked, pics will be sent on mon.

whychug 10-19-2007 07:59 AM

Last chance before ebay... 1k or best offer...Anybody?

smccall 10-19-2007 10:03 AM

I'm interested. PM'd

1993CivicVX 10-22-2007 03:57 PM

WHERE ARE THE PICS??? sheesh! My dad never sold the Previa so I'm not in the market atm. My interest was contingent on the sale of the Previa. Still be interested to see pics tho.

Kiojoe 10-22-2007 07:03 PM

Dang, if just not so far.........

KJ

Danronian 10-29-2007 07:14 PM

I drove my friend Matt down in my VX to go pick this up on Sunday. Car is pretty nice and mostly original.

Picture from the drive home... (we drove about 7 hrs round trip to get the car and take it home)

https://www.fuelly.com/attachments/fo...2d10681cba.jpg

smccall 10-30-2007 11:00 AM

Nice, I was next in line if your friend didn't want it. Great deal.

SVOboy 10-30-2007 11:03 AM

Nice buy! We should start a thread for inter-GS car sales, :thumbup:

Danronian 10-30-2007 07:10 PM

We fixed the alignment on the car, fixed the one brake that had a semi-siezed slider, and next we have to tackle the e-brake cable.

This car drives amazing, but it should for only having 125k on it!

Hopefully we'll work on getting the body ready to be painted the spring, then it should be a nearly perfect VX again. He found some HX and VX wheels for it, he just needs to decide which he wants I think. THe wheels on it now probably weight about 20 lbs a piece...and are 6.5 inches wide! More traction that a VX needs in my opinion. Haha

SVOboy 10-30-2007 07:17 PM

Start a thread dude...GS car sales FTW

Danronian 10-31-2007 06:49 AM

I'll have to tell him to join here. We're already planning some MPG mods on the car.

Loserkidwac 10-31-2007 07:31 AM

I'm the Proud new owner, car is amazing just needs some more TLC and it will be back to perfect!

SVOboy I think we may have chatted on H-T before...?

whychug 11-05-2007 11:12 AM

I'm glad to hear that you like the VX- As I said, I was pulling down 55mpg with those hu-jass and heavy wheels on it- so if you get the OEM's back on, and with the proper driving style; I think 60 mpg is obtainable. What mpg did you guys see on the ride home? Roll on

Jeff

SVOboy 11-05-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loserkidwac (Post 79193)
I'm the Proud new owner, car is amazing just needs some more TLC and it will be back to perfect!

SVOboy I think we may have chatted on H-T before...?

We have chatted on H-T! Small world. Glad you like the car.

Why were we chatting? I forget...

smccall 11-18-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danronian (Post 79112)
We fixed the alignment on the car, fixed the one brake that had a semi-siezed slider, and next we have to tackle the e-brake cable.

This car drives amazing, but it should for only having 125k on it!

Hopefully we'll work on getting the body ready to be painted the spring, then it should be a nearly perfect VX again. He found some HX and VX wheels for it, he just needs to decide which he wants I think. THe wheels on it now probably weight about 20 lbs a piece...and are 6.5 inches wide! More traction that a VX needs in my opinion. Haha

What did you do to fix the alignment problem? I have a 95 VX that needs an alignment. If this is something I can do myself, I'm all for it.

Danronian 11-18-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccall (Post 82700)
What did you do to fix the alignment problem? I have a 95 VX that needs an alignment. If this is something I can do myself, I'm all for it.

We at first just "eye-balled" it to get the wheels straight (since they were pointing the wrong directions), and then we measured from tire to tire to get it closer. It doesn't pull now, but I think the car has a caster issue, which is something you can't really adjust without some proper tools.

Do a search for alignment on google, and you'll find a few different methods. We looked at a few, got an idea of how we should do it, and just gave some things a try.

smccall 11-19-2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danronian (Post 82714)
We at first just "eye-balled" it to get the wheels straight (since they were pointing the wrong directions), and then we measured from tire to tire to get it closer. It doesn't pull now, but I think the car has a caster issue, which is something you can't really adjust without some proper tools.

Do a search for alignment on google, and you'll find a few different methods. We looked at a few, got an idea of how we should do it, and just gave some things a try.

ok, thanks

Loserkidwac 11-20-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 80223)
We have chatted on H-T! Small world. Glad you like the car.

Why were we chatting? I forget...

Hmmm...I think it may have been over and D16a6 head I was selling but not sure...

yea the alignment was eyeballed it was way out of wack visually got it closer to centered and the measured from tire to tire across the front, it made a hug difference, I plan to get the car aligned at a shop in the near future once I get my new wheels and tires on...