Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Fuelly Apps Are Coming! [Logged] (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/fuelly-apps-are-coming-logged-1003.html)

Arciel 06-11-2014 08:33 PM

iOS GasTracker working much better, but...

1 Attachment(s)
Upgraded GasTracker from iOS App Store. Running on iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1.

Started up the app, and got a new splash screen, and I'm required to log in (not surprising, after this major update).

After login, got spinning gear and "Loading your data" message that never ended.

Killed the process and re-started the app, which then came up running and with my car's data loaded.

Aside from that startup problem, the app now -- for the first time in the year that I've been using it to log my fuel-ups -- shows the data for my car. Thanks!

Display anomaly: A "Your MPG History" chart is supplied that shows a bunch of orange vertical bars against a scale that reads "260 MPG ... 261 MPG ... 262 MPG". Not sure what the "hundreds of miles per gallon" chart is supposed to be telling me, but I imagine it's mis-scaled somehow. See attachment for screen shot.

Hope this helps the development team.

Simoneale1973 06-11-2014 10:58 PM

Will there be an official Android and/or Windows Phone App??

EGO 06-12-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simoneale1973 (Post 176379)
Will there be an official Android and/or Windows Phone App??

Yes Please. There is more Android phones in the world as iPhones. I think it will be a huge hit.:)

wingman 06-12-2014 02:27 AM

Just down loaded the NEW Gas tracker for my IPad. Horrible, disappointing, unfinished, major flaws. Here is what I experienced.

In the Log section showed month and day not year.

Attempted to add my new can am spyder entered year, name, type, then got to the trim and nothing, couldn't go any further. Didn't let me enter anything else, so it couldn't be added at all. Terrible!

Couldn't find long term trending. And of course I couldn't even find any vehicle comparisons.

Did anyone do beta testing on this app. It's hard to imagine anyone would submit this app in this condition

lmg531 06-12-2014 02:53 AM

Just used the new iOS version. Seems like the "Miles since last fuel-up" field has been replaced by "ODOMETER". Is this a glitch and/or can this be changed to track miles traveled per fill-up?

joshlehman 06-12-2014 08:13 AM

Arciel -- We're submitting a bug fix build today that is addressing the issue you see with MPG value being wrong by 10x. Thanks for the screenshot, very helpful!

Arciel 06-14-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshlehman (Post 176424)
... addressing the issue you see with MPG value being wrong by 10x. ...

Great!

But in case you didn't notice, it's not exactly 10x. If you were to address the issue by simply inserting a decimal point on the scale's line label, the bar representing 26.7 mpg would hit the graph at about 26.1 mpg.

(Although the x-axis of the bar graph is unlabeled, I am assuming that it's TIME, and that therefore the rightmost bar represents "most recent".)

andyrobo 06-15-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EGO (Post 176383)
Yes Please. There is more Android phones in the world as iPhones. I think it will be a huge hit.:)

Yes. We have joined forces with the leading Android app called aCar, the announcement is here. Our vision is a cross platform system where you can access your data from the web, iOS, Android, etc. We do not plan to build a native app for Windows Phone but we do plan to have a responsive based website that will look nice on your phone. For now, I suggest bookmarking our mobile optimize site for data input, the SSL based URL is https://m.fuelly.com.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmg531 (Post 176389)
Just used the new iOS version. Seems like the "Miles since last fuel-up" field has been replaced by "ODOMETER". Is this a glitch and/or can this be changed to track miles traveled per fill-up?

Simoneale1973 06-15-2014 10:33 PM

Does the aCar app post direct into the Fuelly database?, or do I have to export from my phone/tablet and import on my PC??