Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   86 Crx Hf F/s Stock, Very Reliable (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/86-crx-hf-f-s-stock-very-reliable-10764.html)

markusminimus 02-04-2009 08:13 PM

86 Crx Hf F/s Stock, 40-57 MPGs, VERY RELIABLE

I have an 86 CRX HF for sale. It is white with blue interior. It has the 1.5L and 5-speed manual stock drivetrain. It is getting 40-57 mpgs. I bought it this summer when fuel prices were killing all of us. I have put alot of work into this car with the intention of driving it for years to come.
THE GOOD STUFF:
*new (refurbished used) tranny from a DX with the final drive from my original HF tranny installed to keep factory gear ratios. Original had bad input shaft bearing that damaged case. With the Frankensteined DX-HF tranny the motor is only spinning 2000 RPM at 70 mph....
*new clutch, pressure plate and bearing
*new drive shafts
*new head gasket
*new valve cover gasket
*new timing belt, tensioner and water pump
*new radiator, cap, hoses, thermostat
*new distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs
*new carb insulator pad and some hoses (NO VACUUM LEAKS!!!!)
*new intake air diverter valve
*new PCV valve (that was a bear!)
*new air and fuel filters
*front-end aligned >1000 miles ago
*fresh oil and filter change
There may be more that I am forgetting?....

No, I am not selling it 'cause gas got cheap again. I'm selling it because a dealer-maintained 91 CRX HF with low miles literally fell into my lap. So that's gonna be my cheap transportation. The 86 has been extremely reliable for me since all the fix ups. I would be confident in driving it anywhere, any distance.... no problem. It has 193K miles. The body is straight with the usual minor door dings and some rust around rear fenders. The plastic front fenders and nose have cracked. The interior is pretty good. I have seat covers on to cover the usual worn seats, but the seats aren't terrible. The dash is intact including the HVAC console (not cracked). I am looking for replacement carpet for the rear; it was trashed when I bought it, so it's naked back there right now. The hatch lift arms are weak, and the defroster doesn't hardly work at all... The car is equipped with factory AC. It wasn't blowing cold when I bought it, but the compressor and condensor cooling fan would engage when you hit the button. I took the belt off the compressor to reduce drag on the motor. That was last on my list to work on. All the equipment is there if you wanted to get it working again. The car is neither pretty nor ugly. But seriously, it has been great for me. I have put about 6000 miles on it with out trouble since all the work. I am asking $2500. I have a little more than that in it, but I know there's no room for profit here, especially with gas well under $2 a gallon. I'm in Kansas City, Missouri. Please call me if interested. Thank you.
Mark. 816-520-0802.