Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Sweettt!!!!!!!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/sweettt-11042.html)

s1120 04-03-2009 05:12 AM

Sweettt!!!!!!!!

Best tank yet for my Saturn SL2!!!!! 33.4 for a SL2 with a auto trans!!

Just put on two new tires to replace the old cupped snows that were on there yesterday [sounded like a dozer running down the road!!] so hoping I can hit 35 next tank!!

Project84 04-06-2009 06:28 AM

Your next mod:

HAI.... today.

s1120 04-06-2009 09:00 AM

Ya, I have heard the Saturns like it. Im thinking of just cutting a few holes in the duct that goes over the rad infront of the exoust. Figure that will pick up warm air.

Jay2TheRescue 04-06-2009 09:07 AM

Sounds like a good start...

s1120 04-06-2009 09:22 AM

I have also found there are three places on my drive to work where I can nutrul coust for a wile!! One on the highway, that if I hit it at 65mph I only drop 5mph by the bottom and then I have to slow for my exit, and another streach of road thats 45mph and I GAIN speed, and if the lights are right, I can go over a mile!!!! And last I go inot a tech park, that once I get up to 30mph[the limit] I can coast the rest of the way, into the parking lot, and to a parking space!! That HAS to help some!!!

I will see next tank.

theholycow 04-06-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s1120 (Post 131739)
if the lights are right, I can go over a mile!!!!

You should try to determine the timing of those lights so you can adjust your speed and always hit green lights.

Jay2TheRescue 04-06-2009 09:34 AM

If they're timed... I remember years ago in my hometown I was talking with one of the county supervisors, and he was talking about widening route 610 (again) 30 years ago it was a 2 lane country road, and now its grown to 8 lanes + turn lanes, and lights every 100 yards. I asked why not synchronize the lights, then maybe we won't need to add extra lanes again. He said it was "in the works, but we need to widen the road first"...

s1120 04-06-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 131740)
You should try to determine the timing of those lights so you can adjust your speed and always hit green lights.

The problem is the traffic. I think they are triggerd by cars weighting. If its a light traffic morning its cake, heavy traffic, and your done!!

theholycow 04-06-2009 10:49 AM

AFAIK, common traffic lights are triggered by metal detectors and limited by a schedule; the larger road defaults to green and the cross roads have certain time slots available if a vehicle triggers it. Then there's bicycles and scooters that don't have enough steel to trip the detector... :(

Jay2TheRescue 04-06-2009 11:01 AM

The problem in my hometown was that there were traffic lights every 100 yards on a major road, and they weren't networked togeather so you could regulate the flow of traffic smoothly. You would end up with situations where your light turned green, but you couldn't go because the next light was red, and it was backed up to your light. So idiotic. They wanted to spend another 2 years, and lord knows how much money to add another lane, and deal with construction traffic, and lane closures, when they could upgrade the lights and network them togeather for less money, less time, and less no impact on traffic flow (Until it went "live" where it would increase the flow).

-Jay