Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Maintenance and Repair (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/)
-   -   Lean Burn monitoring in VX (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f10/lean-burn-monitoring-in-vx-11116.html)

jmf 04-15-2009 03:51 PM

Lean Burn monitoring in VX

TomO did you ever get that lean burn monitor working? I was looking at the posts from last year about a kit you were going to make. I was thinking of making the monitor that was shown on Autospeed, but not sure how it would work on a vx? What does the O2 senser read for injectors off coasting?
Would you mind sharing the schematic diagram if your not going to build them?
thanks
justin

GasSavers_TomO 04-15-2009 03:57 PM

I ended up scrapping that project since the MPGuino came to be. I'll get the schematics posted tomorrow if I have time.

For monitoring I'll be using the MPGuino and using the modified voltage meter from Autospeed (the one that the columnist uses to monitor the LAF in his Insight).

jmf 04-15-2009 04:11 PM

thanks for the quick reply.
I'm not familar with the MPGuino? How does it work?

thanks
justin

want2buyVX 04-15-2009 05:03 PM

I thought if you were below a certain RPM , you would know that the engine is in Lean Burn mode ?

GasSavers_TomO 04-16-2009 08:13 AM

MPGuino Info

Basically, it'll give you instant GPH, Instant MPG, trip and tank mileages as well for OBD1 vehicles. You just tap into the VSS signal, and injector signal, power and ground, then input the VSS pulses per mile and the injector size.

jmf 04-16-2009 03:36 PM

I think the lean burn light is good enough for me.
Did you make it the same as autospeed? Do you know what the o2 senser reads for injectors off?
Thanks
Justin

GasSavers_TomO 04-17-2009 06:28 AM

The schematic for just the lean burn light is on my laptop at howm, I'll try to get it posted up this weekend.

I'm building THIS circuit currently to read the factory LAF in my VX.

With this device, DFCO would read on the leanest LED. I don't recall what the A/F ratio or voltage reading would be at the moment, sorry.

AlainB7 04-24-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomO (Post 132757)
MPGuino Info

Basically, it'll give you instant GPH, Instant MPG, trip and tank mileages as well for OBD1 vehicles. You just tap into the VSS signal, and injector signal, power and ground, then input the VSS pulses per mile and the injector size.

Can it display l/100km?

GasSavers_TomO 04-24-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlainB7 (Post 133281)
Can it display l/100km?

Not quite sure, you can check out the link to the info page to see.

jmf 04-24-2009 04:32 PM

I made a lean burn monitor like the autospeed one. I tapped into d14 and ground and checked the voltage. Lean burn was above 2.9 but mostly above 3.2. When i was engine braking it would stay at 2.89-2.9 lower than that was non-lean. why is injectors off lower than lean? do these numbers seem right?
thanks
justin